Technical make ur cinq/sei go faster

Currently reading:
Technical make ur cinq/sei go faster

wanna make ur cinq go a little bit faster

take the front box off the origanel air filter

stick the filter to the back box then run a air feed to the filter then u should be able to go bout 110mph have done it:D

mattyrboerts

just don't go through any puddles!

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX, what do you want? cupholders? open door warning light? grow up!

there's nothing to stop water coming through the filter and into your engine.
i've had this happen with an induction kit, if filter is horizontal, water will come straight down through it.

Met Cognac 99 Brava 100 HSX, what do you want? cupholders? open door warning light? grow up!

My mate went through a puddle in this old clio and the water went through the filter, in to the engine and becuase of the heat difference, it bent one of the pistons[xx(] He still got another 5000 miles of normal driving out of it though before he sold it.

Smurfhead - would trade as Gaz but bit confusing with another guy with the same car on here with the same name. lol

Seicento Sporting (2001)

its not the heat difference, its the fact that a combustion engine works by compressing the air for the combustion, with the piston on the upstroke causing the compression but if you put water in place of the air then the piston can't compress this like it does with the air so it gives way instead ouch!!!!

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

Mine does 110mph easily.....I have seen him at an amazing 114mph Flat out! :D

And thats with no modifications, just a super sweet 1 previous "granny" owner engine!

I dare my chink to blow up......its indestructable and loves that rev limiter! I know my lil car was a friday afternoon car! ;)

ADZ

banner.gif

i was lucky, my head gasket just blew. no con rods or anything broke.
i dont use induction kit during winter anymore!

well this is one of the cleanest chinks I have ever seen, she even kept the petrol receipts! I dont think she was virtually "granified" just mature :D

Whatever, when I sell it in the summer somebody will be getting a decent chink for a sensible price!

ADZ

banner.gif

Problem is with 110 or 114mph is that the speedoes are nearly always 10% out so you were probably only doing 100 or 104mph:cry: :cry:

fixitagaintomorrow said:
Mine can hit the rev limiter in 5th, can you work that one out for me then? :)

Didnt indicated 135mph come out of that last discussion?
actual speed being nearer 125mph?

chubbston said:
wanna make ur cinq go a little bit faster

take the front box off the origanel air filter

stick the filter to the back box then run a air feed to the filter then u should be able to go bout 110mph have done it:D

mattyrboerts

dont like the idea of this. Esentially what you are doing is exposing the filter to allow more air but leaving it open to damage. Why not just get an induction kit and also if it gets soaked it will reduce air flow.

Back