General Main Dealer Service....Italian Style

Currently reading:
General Main Dealer Service....Italian Style

Stilomeister

End of an era!
Just returned from our hols at Lake Garda, Italy. We drove down in the Stilo through France, Switzerland and past Milan to Garda. Ran like a dream and averaged 44mpg doing 80mph and with a roof box on! However 3 days before our return, my front offside spring broke and I had to go to the nearest Fiat dealer for a replacement. I found one at Desenzano who was a Fiat, Alfa & Lancia main dealer and with my pidgeon Italian explained the problem. He didn't have one in stock, but got one from Torino next day delivery then fitted it for a total of, wait for it....137 euros which is £97.16.:) Their labour rate is 35 euros an hour. So I just rang Mangoletsi my local dealer and was quoted £199.75 inc vat for the same job (n) What a difference and just goes to show what a rip off dealers are in the UK. Can you imagine what a foreign tourist might get shafted for here from a main dealer :rolleyes:
The car itself attracted more than a few looks, as you don't get many British Tourists there, mainly German & Dutch.

Hmmm... think we will go for a Hol in Italy when we get a problem with the Stiulo or GP then as long as we can drive it lol!!

Obviously lower pay rate for the Mechanics there then... lower cost of living?

It is Rip Off UK though, but not just at Main car Dealerships, pretty much everywhere and I dont exclude HM Govnmt!!

Hmmm... think we will go for a Hol in Italy when we get a problem with the Stiulo or GP then as long as we can drive it lol!!

Obviously lower pay rate for the Mechanics there then... lower cost of living?

It is Rip Off UK though, but not just at Main car Dealerships, pretty much everywhere and I dont exclude HM Govnmt!!

Sounds like a good plan, made sure you make it to italy though!!! :D

It's quite popular to combine you booze cruise to France with a service I'm told.

I know my Dad is/was planning to get his A8 serviced in France next time he pops over.

Back