Main beam!

Currently reading:
Main beam!

R

ronako

Welcome to MY problem! There seems to be a lot of knowledgeable young chaps out there,lets see if you can help out one of the older generation.My main beams including light on dash has given up. It happened once before, and my son-in=law checked all the fuses and relay by light stalk, pushed and pulled all the connectors. all to no avail, but on my way home
I tried 2 or 3 times to see if it would work, and they suddenly came on. that lasted about 10
days and now they've gone again.I've pushed and pulled, checked fuses and bulbs but no joy. Any suggestions [ realistic ones,cos I've been following your'banter' ]would make an old man
happy!Many thanks.

ronako

As another old geezer, I know how you must feel, this electrickery is dodgy stuff:) If your lights went off, but came on again, that rules out the fuses or the bulbs, as they would have gone and not worked again. Seeems that you are left with either a dodgy connection, or a dodgy switch.

Its either te stalk or a dogy relay.
I would check the relays and earths first then the stalk.
The stalk must be changed, no one did a repair guide to this point (awaiting a broken stalk to play with it in a month or so-so there may be a guide then).
Just a thought, did you try the connectors behind the fuse box and the connector on the stalk - they may be loosing contact

sven3.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

"Sorry! BRAVO 1.4 SX '98' [nearly spilt my cocoa then].

ronako"

Mark.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists.
travelsmall.gif

Main beam

Thanks for your responses Patrick and Sven.
I thought it might be a loose connection the way it suddenly came back on [jolting along the road ]but can't seem to find anything by wiggling everything I can lay my hands on.
How do I check the relay, Sven?is there more than one? I seem to recall they 'click' when the switch is operated, is that right?
Thanks again.

ronako

Yes, they should click when you switch on the switch. Best way to check them is to take them out and use a multy meeter and a 12 V battery

sven3.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site