General m.o.t today!

Currently reading:
General m.o.t today!

heady69

got my m.o.t in a few hours any checks i should do before hand guys?

bit concerned today cause the dash shows like the airbag light and sometimes the abs light comes on :confused: but had 2 new front discs and pads are they that strict! :(

abs light is some times on after brake test but should go out after.

if you have seat airbags make sure the plugs are tight, could have moved when they were moving seats back and forth

how did they know it needed new discs and pads, did it fail brake test or do you have wide gaps in wheels so they can see them?

Last edited:
Abs light comes on when abs is activated, in a skid for instance. Do you have much snow on the ground today where you are?

Airbag light won't go off until its been reset (unless it is side airbag related) but I think you might get away with this for the mot

When I got the car it the brakes were on the advisory and could feel then grinding so had them done its on the ramp now so scared! :(

just failed! :( needs a TON of wielding done even have to take all the seats out to wield gutted aint the word!

Yeah majority of MK2's seem to be rotting away nowadays including mine except I dug a hole in my wallet to sort the welding out, but it all depends is it worth it do you want to keep the car. You have to ask yourself is it worth it or not if not then scrap it and get a younger model something like a Grande or other car etc.

the rust is mainly due to the fact the 10 year+ underseal gets damaged/worn/falling off and nothing is done about it, my sisters old punto (1999 mk2) when she bought it 5 years ago i stripped back the damaged underseal, and redid it and its still fine to this day,

done the same to her new 2001 alfa 147 as well, underseal was a real mess and floor starting to rust, good wire brush and clean, hammerited and undersealed and i bet it will be fine for many years now.

Back