Technical m.o.t failure can some one explain please

Currently reading:
Technical m.o.t failure can some one explain please

pac

hi folks i was wondering if someone can help i've just had my marea m.o.t'd at arnold clark and it failed on tyre and code 1.1.4a which says and i quote (with ignition off) all position lamps not in good working order (not working) they say im needing new ignition at cost of £457.20 anyone know what they mean by this thanks in advance john.

With the key out of the ignition, side lights should stay on - on most Fiats you have to press the small black button in on the ignition for this to happen, i think the MOT tester may have just taken the key out which turns the electrics off :rolleyes:. Ask them to check it again, and press the button in ,turn the key all the way back to turn parking lights on and see.

Last edited:
ye thanks fo the reply i have checked they worked this way and they do but was an arnold clark fiat dealer my car was in surely they should know this no?

ye thanks fo the reply i have checked they worked this way and they do but was an arnold clark fiat dealer my car was in surely they should know this no?

Might have been the tester that did the MOT test just does MOT's, but yeah they should have spotted this - take it back complain and see if you can get some discount, as if you were to complain to VOSA they would side in your favour anyway and you would be refunded the MOT.

Last edited:
Back