General m-Jet or T-Jet?

Currently reading:
General m-Jet or T-Jet?

i had a diesel multijet 150 bravo the other day as a courtesy car, the performance was great but at a standstill and when pulling away it sounded like i was driving a transit van. sorry but i'm glad i have a T-Jet at least it sounds like a proper car and not a van. petrol all the way thanks.

You would rather base your choice of car on how it sounds while at standstill? I'd rather have quieter on the move, higher performance, higher mpg, superior torque..

You would rather base your choice of car on how it sounds while at standstill? I'd rather have quieter on the move, higher performance, higher mpg, superior torque..

:yeahthat:

as stated in other posts many a time. they are both completely different styles of engine petrol and diesel.

the t-jet petrol sounds like a tractor compared to the hybrid lexus 400h :p:D

i had a diesel multijet 150 bravo the other day as a courtesy car, the performance was great but at a standstill and when pulling away it sounded like i was driving a transit van. sorry but i'm glad i have a T-Jet at least it sounds like a proper car and not a van. petrol all the way thanks.

I don't know what solar system you're floating around in but from experience those Bravo 150 diesels are 10 times more refined than a supermarket friendly 1.4 Toy-Jet my friend!!!

Its probably because it either
a) wasnt warmed up propoerly
b) didnt have a lot of miles on the clock

travelled 15 miles and still sounded like a transit, also had 4600 miles on the clock. i do like the looks and performance of it but i'd have to have it in the petrol.

:D :D :D

Last edited:
I don't know what solar system you're floating around in but from experience those Bravo 150 diesels are 10 times more refined than a supermarket friendly 1.4 Toy-Jet my friend!!!

:yeahthat:

There wasnt a transit van pulling of behind you by any chance was there :D

If it was 10 years ago i could understand you saying unrefined diesels etc etc.

after all, the bravo is a bigger car. thus meaning more sound deadoning etc etc (y)

no there wasn't a transit behind, lol. maybe its just because i'm used to the quietness and smoothness of my petrol.

no there wasn't a transit behind, lol. maybe its just because i'm used to the quietness and smoothness of my petrol.

The M-Jets are quieter and more refined than the Toy-Jets once your off over 30 mph.....

Can't believe people are still argueing about this!!
mines better than yours blah blah blah!
yeah well my dads bigger than yours and he's got a diesel ferrari estate!
just out of interest

how old are you lot?

its getting a bit old now isnt it :D

they are both good cars with ther own attributes and disadvantages (y)

they are both after all, in the end, fiats (y)

Last edited:
after all, the bravo is a bigger car. thus meaning more sound deadoning etc etc (y)

Modern diesels are more quieter,efficent,powerful,reliable & refined due to multi point injection,wethers a old tractor.....sorry I mean transit van dumpd a spoonful of fuel in each cylinder a multi point injector can inject up to 5 minute amounts per cycle (including pre-injection) resluts is a smooth powerful economical diesel engine that ford are still incapable of making:D

Modern diesels are more quieter,efficent,powerful,reliable & refined due to multi point injection,wethers a old tractor.....sorry I mean transit van dumpd a spoonful of fuel in each cylinder a multi point injector can inject up to 5 minute amounts per cycle (including pre-injection) resluts is a smooth powerful economical diesel engine that ford are still incapable of making:D

Agree there (y).

we have fords at work, and even the new (or supposedly) 2.0 tdci engine in the mondeo is noisy :D, it seems to always sound like it is about to stall when you are setting off, and sounds a very loose engine. to say that it is 5 or 6 years newer then the engine in my stilo, it is noiser and less refined :rolleyes:

1.4 toy jet...:D like it got to be the Quote of the month.....

Attachments

• rofl.gif
    rofl.gif
    13 KB · Views: 85
A question for the engine experts on the forum...

Why has th 1.9 Multi jet only 8 valve compared to the 1.3 multi jets 16 valve? Surely a 16 valve engine is superior? (y)

ain't a tec head but would say the 150 16v m-jet would have been too expensive and would over price the grande punto against it rivals.also the 1.9 16 v is quieter and more refined than the 8v 1.9 and of course its got 20bhp more because of the multi valve engine. I think you knew the answer to your question before you asked it? 16v against 8v:(

who actually gives a **** which is better, they are both fiat and they are both a grande punto. its down to personal choice, me myself prefer the petrol but others prefer the diesel, each to their own simple as. :devil:

Back