Technical LUK Clutch plate wont fit on?

Currently reading:
Technical LUK Clutch plate wont fit on?

the clutch is so thick the plate wont fit on the flywheel?
20220623_191354.jpg

One pic is not enough to help.

You need to compare each new component with the old one. If still unsure why it won't go together, we'd need better pics, not just close-ups.
Did you buy a kit? Or separate components? Are the bits in the box all new and clean? Was the box undamaged, or previously opened? It is not uncommon for repairers to return 'unwanted' items, having mixed parts from two kits, either inadvertently, or deliberately, and the stockist does not notice. then the next purchaser gets a duff set.
Did you buy locally? If there is a choice of kit, clean the old ones up, and take it all to the supplier, let them help select the correct parts. Try not to get the new stuff dirty, as they become very difficult to resell, for the reasons above, so refunds become a problem.

One pic is not enough to help.

You need to compare each new component with the old one. If still unsure why it won't go together, we'd need better pics, not just close-ups.
Did you buy a kit? Or separate components? Are the bits in the box all new and clean? Was the box undamaged, or previously opened? It is not uncommon for repairers to return 'unwanted' items, having mixed parts from two kits, either inadvertently, or deliberately, and the stockist does not notice. then the next purchaser gets a duff set.
Did you buy locally? If there is a choice of kit, clean the old ones up, and take it all to the supplier, let them help select the correct parts. Try not to get the new stuff dirty, as they become very difficult to resell, for the reasons above, so refunds become a problem.
I tried to add more pics but the rest disappeared, but you can still see the issue with the one, the clutch disk is so thick the pressure plate wont even fit on the dowels on the flywheel, you can see the gap between the pressure plate and flywheel, ths problem is the clutch came new with the car because the owner hadn't got round to it so i have no clue where they aquired this or if it is the right one etc, I inspected the clutch and pressure plate and both are from luk and I've found the same one on ebay so im not sure at all, maybe just buy a clutch from a different company?

The pressure plate has to be the same brand as the friction plate on many 1.9 jtd applications
ie luk pressure plate with luk friction plate
Or Sachs pressure plate with Sachs friction plate

If Parts are same brand as each other and correct , tightening the pressure plate screws compresses the diaphragm spring clamping the friction disc to the flywheel.

Back