IMG_01102.JPG

Panda Lucia 1.1 Panda Active

Introduction

Well its only taken 2 years, but I have finally got around to posting a proper Members Motors thread.

This is Lucia, my 2006 Fiat Panda Active in Blu Cocktail Romantico (734/A). Though "only" an Active she is my proud and joy. She has had a few modifications, not least an entire sound system replacement and upgrade (pics to follow once I get the hoover run around lol). She had just under 28,000 on the clock when I got her 2 years ago when she was my first car (at 26!). Currently she is just over the 40,000 mark.

Recently I had to get a new rear muffler and centre exhaust section and also a new battery as the original had died. I put this down to the fact that the vast majority of my journeys are under 5 miles (I work 4 miles away). You may notice from the pics that the silencer is painted black, this is due to it being a shiny aluminium unipart jobbie.

Lucia is the only active i know with body coloured bumpers. However after a nasty 70mph+ blowout the rear bumper was badly damaged and so there is a black primed aftermarket pattern part fitted (perfect fit btw) awaiting funds for painting.

So, enough talking heres the pics:

Shortly after I got her

These pics are taken from my iphone so apologies for quality!

You can just about make out the exhaust here, which is a totally different shape to the Fiat one. The Panda on the parcel shelf is called Giuseppe!

Engine bay. The battery is a Bosch S5 063 in place of the original 202 for better tolerance of short journeys

More pics to follow
She needs a good polish and seal as she usually looks better than this but when I went to do it after tea while she dried the car was already covered in sand/dust like stuff.

Funds aren't there to get the bumper done professionally but might go ahead with spray can if this bloody wind ever stops!

Bepe is quite small by Panda Panda standards. Saw a huge one the other day which took up about a 3rd of the parcel shelf. Dont know how the driver could see to reverse lol

New gear gaiter arrived today, it looks well mint!

Before:

After:

Side by side:

Also took the opportunity to replace the elastic link to the lift reverse as mine was about to snap and grease up the joints. Gear change is lovely and smooth now.

Will do a guide for this soon!

Very smart! Where did you get your new gearstick gaiter? Mine's ripped (10 years old and 55k).

Back