General LPG conversion

Currently reading:
General LPG conversion

Ive had a quick look and nothings jumped out at me, anyways, LPG. Has anyone had a stilo converted?, Ive got a 1.6 5dr 03 and with the price of fuel being what it is im sure i can save a packet by doing this conversion.
Does anyone have any idea of a garage that will do it in the essex area and what sort of prices they charge.
Im not worried about the chunnel and the 15% loss in power at top end really dosent bother me either, i very rearly release the horses these days anyway.
thanks for any help
roy

I think unless you are a high milage driver that wouldnt pay in the long run ..and you would be better off changing to a JTD :D

Be aware The Duty freeze is set to end next year so Up will go the price of LPG..

so much for this greener fuel then, this will stop ppl like me converting my car then. Oh well, the initial cost is prohibitive for me even though im a 20k a year driver. It would take me approx 2years to break even probo more, i dont think i can trust the stilo to last that long with twins on the way.
roy

i dont think i can trust the stilo to last that long with twins on the way.
roy

Twins on the way :eek: now as I take it your one of the most senior members with regards to age Roy as am I ..cough ..cough.. would you care to share you secret :idea: :D

two years ago befor i pass me test a conversion on a frontera 2.0 was 2 grand but i would save that back within a year ;)
it is better becouse you will save a hell of a lot of money

Back