General Lowlife have struck already!

Currently reading:
General Lowlife have struck already!

KeithT

I've only had my Mk1 55s on the road 3 weeks & last night someone tried to break in to it in my driveway. Both lock barrels are b******d although they still work & the top of the drivers door was forced out about 2 inches. They did not get in to the car. What's the attraction of an old Punto 55S? I thought it was the later performance & modified cars that were usual targets.
I told the cops & got a crime number & they said a scene of crime officer may come round - MAY!
I've bent the door back into shape & the locks work somewhat reluctantly so I can use it OK but I'm going to have to get a couple of lock barrels. eBay or a Fiat dealer? It's a pre red key model luckily.
What's with Punto's? I've had loads of cars the only other one I had nicked was an old Range Rover & I was pleased that went it needed a £600 gearbox job & the insurance paid up a good price for it!

Lowlife scumbags :mad: You wouldn't think people would try and break in when it's on your driveway (n)
My old Punto 55 was stolen and the drivers door lock and ignition barrel was snapped off and the door was pushed out. I managed to get a new ignition barrel, door, boot and petrol cap locks&keys and new indicators because these had been ripped off also, for £70 from a local scrapyard. Didn't get a red key though but never needed it.
The police were saying that cars K-N reg were the most commonly stolen/broken into because of the lack of security features what are in more modern cars.

Try eBay or a local scrapyard. My local scrap yard had loads of mk1 Puntos and boxes and boxes of locks and keys etc all lined up on the shelf.

sorry to heart hat dude. teh dumbness of criminals amzes me soem times. they broke into m 213s 1984 rover once got all doors open and all they stole was a pair of gloves sheesh . my dad had a 1980 datsun stanza saloon and he went to toilet one night noticed light in garden looked out and 2 guys were trying to slice of the rubber on the rear window so as to steal it lol turns out not many of them cars left ( they were poo) and rear window was worth £450 quid. and that was 8 years ago.

thefishdude said:
sorry to heart hat dude. teh dumbness of criminals amzes me soem times. they broke into m 213s 1984 rover once got all doors open and all they stole was a pair of gloves sheesh . my dad had a 1980 datsun stanza saloon and he went to toilet one night noticed light in garden looked out and 2 guys were trying to slice of the rubber on the rear window so as to steal it lol turns out not many of them cars left ( they were poo) and rear window was worth £450 quid. and that was 8 years ago.

Well the fingerprint cop phoned me up a 7.30 this evening most apologetic had a busy day but because I had to use the car & had straightened the door we agreed that there was not much point in trying to fingerprint it. Suppose I better tell the insurance company tomorrow but not worth a claim I can probably fix it for less than the policy excess. If I claim & get it fixed professionaly it will probably write off the car

You must feel gutted right now. Some pond life keyed my wife's Punto last week when she left it outside her mom's house. It's not the damage thats eating at me but the constant desire to gouge out the barstewards eyes and skull fook them. I need to get it out of my system . Hope you don't feel as bad as I do and get over it quickly.

bozzy said:
You must feel gutted right now. Some pond life keyed my wife's Punto last week when she left it outside her mom's house. It's not the damage thats eating at me but the constant desire to gouge out the barstewards eyes and skull fook them. I need to get it out of my system . Hope you don't feel as bad as I do and get over it quickly.

If the barsteward try it again they may have a surprise I've ordered a day/night security camera & a card for the PC that triggers the PC to record video if the camera is alerted camera has infra red detectors & infra red LED's to light thing up invisibly to the eye. not expensive either.
I don't think its the first time the car has been got at I noticed some unusual creases in the back edge of the passengers door wondered what caused them now my drivers door has identical creases where it was bent open. Luckily don't show much when door is shut. Must admit when I decided on a 3 door Punto I didn't think that the large door would be weaker than a 5 door model & easier to force. Police fingerpring man said they put a foot against the lock area & pull the top of the door with both hands to bend it I suppose the glass stiffened the door & luckily didn't break.

Time for the Bell, Book & candle!
(were used in days gone by for putting a curse on someone)

Unlucky dude, but it's funny you should mention about the creases around the door. My car has creases that sound pretty similar to yours around the door, I thought it was where some **** in a 4x4 had caught it and drove off, but now I think it might have been... :eek:

Alarms are so bloody expensive though (n) Takes out a massive wad of the ICE fund, stupid thieving tossers :tosser:

Sorry to read about your car mate(n) Hope it gets sorted without to much expense.

Steve

sorry to hear bout that. someone broke into my car just before christmas and sole my sub, amp and 2 6x9"s. the assesor bloke is looking at it tomorrow - probably a write-off.

:mad: :mad:

really sorry to hear this.

I think we need to have a forum get together to target crime and chavs.
It was quite amusing yesterday, I was in hospital having a knee op, and in the bed next to me was this low life burberry wearing chav and family, and friends and little sisters, there were 7of them!!! Anyway the entire time they were there he had his thick 'I'm hard' accent on, and was continously asking for a 'fag'. After they had all got sent away by a nurse he shut up, and after his operation (not sure what it was but he was only gone 25minutes!!) he was winging and wining like a baby, I was 'fairly' sympathetic, until I realised what they had done, he had been sedated to have two baby teeth removed!!! I couldn't help but laugh (not out loud, but I wanted to), chavv'ers are so lame.

Hate the little buggers who do this! Its usually the same ones as when they end up in jail or whatever you see the crime rate for that particular thing drop dramatically,and worry when they get out as it goes up again!!!
remember people, keep things out of sight! it takes 2 seconds to smash, grab, and leg it!

brava007 said:
Hate the little buggers who do this! Its usually the same ones as when they end up in jail or whatever you see the crime rate for that particular thing drop dramatically,and worry when they get out as it goes up again!!!
remember people, keep things out of sight! it takes 2 seconds to smash, grab, and leg it!
I think the bloke that hooked his car up to the mains had the right idea - as long as you remember to switch off before you touch the car! Or maybe one of those electic fence unit they use on farms mmmm......:devil:

haha sounds good, albeit you would be looking at a murder charge, at least the car would be ok mind you!

how would it be murder??

I mean it COULD be that your car has a duff battery and requires a thing that looks like a charger to be badly hooked up to the battery (i.e hanging onto bodywork) everytime its parked up.

:devil: Sounds like a plan to me :devil:

well that and putting gripper rail type tacks on the inside of door handle, so when you pull it, aggghh your fingers are stuck to car!!!!

faster4_tec said:
how would it be murder??

putting it simply because somone is dead and by hooking the mains up to the car shows intention to cause wounding at least to a person

brava007 said:
putting it simply because somone is dead and by hooking the mains up to the car shows intention to cause wounding at least to a person
It'd gotta be the electic fence unit then!

Back