General Lowest profile tyres

Currently reading:
General Lowest profile tyres

However I have reread the first post and the OP wants to maximise his 0-60. Now this either means he wants to take a week to get to 60mph, so I would suggest Dump truck tyres, although these may require some minor arch modifications.

or

He actally wants to minimise his 0-60. This is a far more dificult equation as the difference in tyre size is not the only factor. A lower profile tyre may mean that getting to 60 in 2nd gear is impossible and the extra time to make a change to 3rd would negate the benefit. It needs someone far cleverer than me to do the sums on that one.

Cheers

D

mase said:
i cant c the difference being noticable tho!!!

i mean i got 185/50's on the abarth at the moment, and come november when i fit the 195/45's will the difference in accel be noticable?
Mase the car should be slightly quicker, but you are right it will be hardly noticable.

What will be more noticable is that the 195/45 is much closer to the original tyres rolling radius and therefore the speedo should in theory be more accurate and not be under reading by as much as it would with the bigger tyre, so the perception could be that you are faster as you look at the speedo, if you follow :confused:

For tyre rolling radius check here http://www.tyretraders.com/index2.html use the calculator.

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
Mase the car should be slightly quicker, but you are right it will be hardly noticable.

What will be more noticable is that the 195/45 is much closer to the original tyres rolling radius and therefore the speedo should in theory be more accurate and not be under reading by as much as it would with the bigger tyre, so the perception could be that you are faster as you look at the speedo, if you follow :confused:

For tyre rolling radius check here http://www.tyretraders.com/index2.html use the calculator.

Aaron.

yea that is wat i thought! the speedo is pretty accurate tho, only maybe 1-2mph out when doin 30!

p.s: paid cheque in today, and made sure my whole weekend is clear for u to com get the imola! ;)

mase said:
yea that is wat i thought! the speedo is pretty accurate tho, only maybe 1-2mph out when doin 30!

p.s: paid cheque in today, and made sure my whole weekend is clear for u to com get the imola! ;)

With 15's my tomtom says my speedo is 100% accurate, up to 100....:confused:

Do cinq speedo's usually under-read?

does that mean if i am going at 30mph in a cinq sx i am not really going at 30 then, i am actually going slower than 30 and if so by how much

Back