Technical Lowering

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering

StiloJoe

Established member
Been thinkin a while now about lowering mine about 30-35 mm as gf lives on a street with loads of speed humps and dont want the hassle of scrapage.

Anywho what do folks recomend as in make of springs

And has anyone any pics i can look at with 215/40r17 wheels/tires with it lowered too just to see the difference

Thanx in advance :)

Go for Eibachs :slayer: although activematt will hate me :D

There should be quite a few photos around of one dropped on 17s. And yes, the difference will be pronounced, especially in the handling (y)

Handling doesnt bother me that much really just the look be better as im quiet suprised how well it handles as it is :)

But as said dont want to go silly low as i have twin exit exhaust which sits lower than standard :)

Mines lowered 30mm on eibachs

Attachments

• my stilo 003.jpg
    my stilo 003.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 47
Lowered 30mm on Eibachs, live in London and proper speed bumps are fine but the smaller ones that are designed so that ambulances etc can get over them are not so friendly :mad: .

Attachments

• low stilo.JPG
    low stilo.JPG
    322.4 KB · Views: 30
one word EIBACH'S :D and 45/50mm mate, ive got my exhaust that hangs quite low like yours and i go over plenty of speed bumps and have no trouble at all (y)

1st picture is without my ICE in the boot! Athough this dosent do it any justice as it looks lower, maybe angle of the photo :)
Image033.jpg

How low it is with the ICE in (y)
Low_as_fuc.jpg

Well when I finaly get to do it its not going to be springs but FK High Sport Coil overs then I can adjust up and down as needed even so the scrapping issue is still a worry :)

fiattech said:
Lowered 30mm on Eibachs, live in London and proper speed bumps are fine but the smaller ones that are designed so that ambulances etc can get over them are not so friendly :mad: .
Thats the look im looking for

Just to fill the archs more

Oh and whats up with PI's Cyber?

Im looking for springs aswel, found some g-max ones on ebay, brand new for £85, lower by 30mm

ive seen them for about 130ish from places like motorsportworld.co.uk and potn.com

same as mate lol, thats why im looking at g-max, you can get them for about 100 delivered

Cheap springs will give a bad ride!(n) The only reason I can think of as to why Eibachs are expensive is because they actually test the metal they're using before making it into springs.

Cyber5 said:
Cheap springs will give a bad ride!(n) The only reason I can think of as to why Eibachs are expensive is because they actually test the metal they're using before making it into springs.
See where your coming from just gotta find out how cheap i can get em thats all

Back