Styling Lowering - What do i need?

Currently reading:
Styling Lowering - What do i need?

SamPazz

As above, im planning to lower my punto around 40/50mm

What exactly do i need to buy, can i get away with just springs?

And is a 40/50mm over the top or will i be struggling over speed bumps?

Ps im on 15" fiat alloys if that helps

Last edited:
To have the cars tracking checked too - since McPherson struts work on a curve as the suspension works - it changes the steering geometry

So make sure your track rod ends are in good nick to start with, if they are getting saggy (easily moves) or the boot is split, factor in the cost of new track rods

You will need it all tracking as well

You cant just pop new springs on and drive away

Ziggy

So other than that can i just buy the springs bang them on and get the tracking done?

How much am i looking for a garage to do that?

for not change the geometry of your car you can lower it maximum 3-3,5cm ;);)

50mm is the limit! any more you catch the wheels in the arches! mines lowered 50mm shocks and springs and they do catch so i had to fit 5mm spacers on the front!

i dont think your control arms have the same opinion about 50mm :cool::cool::cool::p

to be fair its only like £15 quid to get your tracking done/checked better then shelling out £20+ on another tyre.
Yes speed bumps are a big issue for me, underneath the car is a dogbone gearbox mount and the bolt sticks too low, go over the speed bump too fast the bolt hits it..... snapps and then bye bye driveshaft! (happened to me infront of everybody!) how embarressing!
for now ive used another bolt higher tensile and it works and im going super slow thru the bumps!
be sure to buy a 'please wait im lowered' sticker! :D

to be fair its only like £15 quid to get your tracking done/checked better then shelling out £20+ on another tyre.
Yes speed bumps are a big issue for me, underneath the car is a dogbone gearbox mount and the bolt sticks too low, go over the speed bump too fast the bolt hits it..... snapps and then bye bye driveshaft! (happened to me infront of everybody!) how embarressing!
for now ive used another bolt higher tensile and it works and im going super slow thru the bumps!
be sure to buy a 'please wait im lowered' sticker! :D

you sure your reading it right?
I've got the one saying i'm infront ;)

Cant wait any longer for slow pokes on slow poke bumps :)

Ziggy

Back