General lowering springs....

Currently reading:
General lowering springs....

the rear ones are very easy compared to the front. Loosen the lower shock bolt, then jack the car up. remove the lower shock bolt and let the wheel/arm drop. The spring should just fall out, or might need a lil bit of pulling to get it out.

remeber to cut the bumpstops

it took bout 15 mins for the back an that was with takin the wheels off too, u dont really need to take the wheels of but we didnt have axle stands big enough

the pic below is what we needed to do

lol, the fronts are easyish just need spring clamps and dont do what i do, **** up the nut on top of the shock when u putting it back on cause it aint big nor clever :D, and i cant drive my car till its fixed :(

the red circles are where the bolts are holding the rear shock on, the top is hidden behind exhaust can

once these are off u take the shock away and the whole lot drops down, which allows u to ease the spring out, its easier if theres 2 of u to do this, 1 to push down on hub and another to pull the spring out

the pasenger side rear is the hardest of the rears to do but this is cause the exhaust was in the way

Attachments

• P2060029.JPG
    P2060029.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 15
if ur not replacing the shock, can you not get away with just undoing one side of it gaz? i'm not 100% as when we did mine, the spax shocks were fitted

there no need to undo the top bolts now, i thought u was chaning the whole lot, but seeing as u a cheapskate :p, u have just gone for the springs :D

heres a quick step by step

1. Jack up car
2. Place on axle stands
3. Take wheel off
4. Undo bottom rear shock bolt
5. Get someone to push down on rear hub
6. Take out old spring
---oops:eek: ...missed one, cut rear bump stops in half---
7. Put new spring in
8. Replace bottom bolt on rear shock
9. Place wheel back on
10. Remove axle stand
11. Let down jack
12. Tighten wheel nuts
13. Open a beer an marvel at wot u just done
14. Then repeat on other side

lol cheers lads.... :D

and yea gaz i am bein a cheap skate till i can afford £250 for FK 70/50 shocks an springs!

this is gonna sound like a real newbie question....

will i c the bumpstops an where to cut when i remove the shocks as i have not com across havin to cut them on any car before!!!! :eek:

Back