Tuning Lowering springs or coilovers

Currently reading:
Tuning Lowering springs or coilovers

UnclaimedSock

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get some springs or anything to lower my car for less than £100 as I don't want to spend much money
Cheers

If you're lucky, you might pick up springs for that. Problem is, that once you lower a car the old dampers usually give out within a month or so.

Cheap coilovers are usually a waste of money, and pretty dumb on a road car. The minimum you'll spend getting a decent set of coil overs rebuilt (the cheapo ones are usually not rebuildable) is £150.

So, unless there's a Sporting version of your car with a lower ride height, I'd forget it on that budget.

Hi mate,

There are loads of lowering springs and coilover kits on e-bay. Also check the forum classifieds as there were some in there not long ago.

As fingers says though, it doesn't pay to go cheap with suspension. It may look good but will soon be a waste of money if it makes the car handle poorly, or worse still fails and potentially leads to a nasty accident. Try and stick to a well known brand.

Also dont forget to factor in the cost of increased insurance premium potentially.

Alan

Back