Technical Lowering my punto

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering my punto

Hey guys,

I put alloys on the car yesterday and now I am hearing a knocking sound. Anyway that is being looked at by a mechanic tomorrow. He thinks it is the cv joint and that the alloys were just a coincience. (will update tomorrow) (n)

I am thinking of lowering the car once the knocking and Gearbox is sorted. I onyl want a slight drop to reduce a bit of spacing between the wheels and arches. I use the car for a lot of practical uses and have lots of pot holes and speed bumps locally. I am looking fo a 15-25mm drop. I wondered if anyone has any opinions on the below kit: :confused:

http://www.body-kit.co.uk/product.php/13952/686/fiat-punto-mk2-ak-street-coilovers-set-25-45mm

also is it possible to fit this to a mk2 1.2 16v elx speedgear?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiat-Punt...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a412ca9f6

Cheers

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The steering wheel will be fine... -- it's what I have on mine. (y)

The coilovers: I would check that they are for a 16v -- as I think the engine weights are different. I also have a feeling that the auto gearbox may add to the weight... -- but this is not my area of expertise: as I like a comfy ride...! :D

Reactions: YST
A friend sent me this the other day!

Congratulations for doing your part

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1407874503.354418.jpg

The steering wheel will be fine... -- it's what I have on mine. (y)

Awesome! :D Will get that soon hopefully :D

The coilovers: I would check that they are for a 16v -- as I think the engine weights are different. I also have a feeling that the auto gearbox may add to the weight... -- but this is not my area of expertise: as I like a comfy ride...! :D

Ahh okay! That would make sense. hopefully someone else can shed some light :)

I like a comfy ride so hoping a 15-25mm drop will retain some comfort! :slayer:

Personally I would leave it exactly as it is, I'm so impressed with our speedgear I would be worried that if I changed anything it would affect the performance and handling. Although the steering wheel is quite nice and it does roll a little on cornering and the wheels are ugly. Lol

Personally I would leave it exactly as it is, I'm so impressed with our speedgear I would be worried that if I changed anything it would affect the performance and handling. Although the steering wheel is quite nice and it does roll a little on cornering and the wheels are ugly. Lol

I love my speedgear but the suspension is a bit old now and it doesn't feel quite right so needs to be changed! but yes, brilliant car!

I hated it when we bought it but I fixed some things on it and learned to drive it differently and now I'm over the moon with it, except for the suspension and wheels so let us know how it goes

decent front struts are 45 nicker a piece
decent rear shocks are 25 nicker a piece
trade delivered by the young lady with big biceps
16 valve front springs 25 nicker

all priced eacher

now ask yourself if your feeling lucky what the quality of all the shebang must be like for that price

@ yst

have a look in the donated members offers section here on the forum (S4P)
iorderd front springs for mine from there using the discount,

front springs came in at £26.75 each. Quality item with a stainless steel coating, worth a look,

Back