General Lowering Mk2 punto with 17's

Currently reading:
General Lowering Mk2 punto with 17's

puntocoff

hey,
I was just wondering if it is possible to lower my mk2 punto which has 17" wheels, and if so by how much
Thanx

Carlo Abarth

If you use the search button you'll find plenty of answers...

But in short: yes, it is possible. If you have 7Jx17" wheels with an offset of 35 you can certainly lower the car. Plenty.

My previous car (still mis it...)
050207_4.jpg

dave

mine 205/40/17 rubs with people in the back, but it very low on coil overs, better off going 35mm-40mm max if you have people in the back often
new_wheels_1.JPG

liambre

I bought 17" triads for my mk2 a few weeks ago, and the spacers should be here by monday.

After reading all the posts on this forum i've come to the conclusion that I am going to lower the car. I'm not looking for the 4x4 look :p.

35mm it is.

I'll post pics of before and after when its done so people can see what they think about doing it to their cars.

liambre

i actually wish I had a 3 door now, they do look very snazzy.

But i didnt have much choice, my dad had a 5 door 5million, so i bought it off him :).

liambre

the back window shape on 3 doors is always way cooler.

But i guess 5 doors do have their advantages...

D4N D C

You can lower a Mk2 3 door virtually as much as you like if you get the right offset wheels and tyres and trim the rear bumper and arch liners.

Over 100mm is achievable without rubbing, :)

Mikey-D

The Bodge King
How exactly do you lower the cars? I am very new to this and am tempted to do it to mine...

liambre

You're gonna need new springs, and new shocks if you're lowering more than 35mm-40mm.

You can do it yourself, although i'd adivse if you don't have that much knowledge, take it to a garage.

It's not that expensive.