Technical Lowering mk1 punto

Currently reading:
Technical Lowering mk1 punto

PuntoNick15

Was just wondering how i could lower my punto.... it is a mk1 60s... i was looking at not buying new shocks as i cant really afford to at the mo.... i have searched all the guides but i cant find anything for the mk1 punto.... thanks in advance...

you can go about 35-40mm on standard shocks with just new springs but the ride qualiuty will not be as good as a full kit. ideally you want coilover kits. thats what im saving up for!

Yea jay is right but if you just want the look some springs will do the job.

What size wheels/tyre do yo have? 40mm is the best compromise between handling and looks, but you end up with the front arch look like it's hardly been lowered at all because it's so big.

If I was gonna do mine again, I'd go 40R 45F.

Was just wondering how i could lower my punto.... it is a mk1 60s... i was looking at not buying new shocks as i cant really afford to at the mo.... i have searched all the guides but i cant find anything for the mk1 punto.... thanks in advance...
There's a guide for lowering a Cinq here. Pretty much same as Punto - also shows disassembly of Strut & Coil.

Although if I were you I'd save for the complete kit (y)

Last edited:
you can get a decent full kit for abot £200 in the meantime you can get a set of lowering spring off ebay fairly cheap, just for the looks side and to decide if you actually wanna lower it and possibly by more of less, ride quality will not be so good and depending on if you have ally's you may need rear arch work.

Back