LOWERING ADVICE ON THE RAT2

Currently reading:
LOWERING ADVICE ON THE RAT2

R

ROBIN

Hi, all, wonder if any one can help me. i have been looking at getting the mighty rat2 lowered.

I want to go eibach but they seem only to make them for the 4cyl estate, now my thinking is just buy the 4cyl springs and fit them.

1: is this viable?
2: will it mean the front will sit lower than the rear?
3: is it safe?
4: will it handle anywhere as good?

cheers in advance

Robin

you be better off with the lowering springs off a coupe of hgt bravo wouldnt you?

I hear you, but they do make other springs for 20v estate, but i would rather have the eibachs, as for the bravo hgt i dunno if the rear are the same? also i could buy the 4 cyl set and the bravo hgt set and make me a set up as the rear is the same across the board i assume?

cheers

robin

im going to find out for you now mate....i have a man in the know!

mate they do a 1.9jtd yeah so that should be as heavy if not heavier than the 5pot, try them.....

just cut the coil dont be a wimp :)

ShaunCowhats.gif

She's a monster soon to be revealed :)

If they didnt want it stripping they shouldnt have used nuts and bolts :)

lower model springs wont fit on the front, they are a different size, nor will 20VT springs.

if you just want springs get the PI -40mm ones, they do a good job and i have them on my car even now.

when i upgrade i intend to get a Coupe KW Varient 2 coilover kit, although its a little expensive for cheap lowering at almost £1000 :D

when it comes to cutting springs i kinda sit on the fence with it, never have done myself but if done correctly i cant see a problem with it.

if you go lower than -40mm you might find tyres catch the arch, mine do now i have spacers for the brembo's

Ry

Coupe has slightly softer springs at the back.

Have KW finally released a kit where you can adjust the rear ride height like the FK kit?