Lowered Suspension advice for a laymen pls

Currently reading:
Lowered Suspension advice for a laymen pls

N

Nik

Shortly to be the proud owner of my first Bravo (previously owned a Brava), could you advise me please about lowereing the suspension on my 98 model 1.8.

I'm considering buying 16" alloys and was wondering what was entailed in actually lowering the suspension. I believe (after having read the very helpful advice on the boo.website)that the conventional suspension can be lowered as much as 40mm without any modifications otherwise necessary.
Is this correct please, and what is envolved??
Ah! also, whilst not exceeding 7" width tyres, can lowering still be done without mods to bodywork etc.

Much obliged for any advice you can offer.

you can buy 40mm lowering springs for around £100 for all four standard shocks.
no other mods are necessary and you can go up to 17" wheels before mods are needed.

Personally i would prefer to buy shocks and springs for £200 and replace it all which will be much better. bilstein do a great shock/spring kit for the whole bravo range (except hgt) which lowers 40mm too.

Richard

Re: Re: Lowered Suspension advice for a laymen pls

Agreed, swap the lot. There is no needs for 'uprated' or 'upgraded' or 'performance' shocks.

You could spend £700+ on a set of 'uprated' shocks but in about 2 years they will be well past their best and you are looking at another £700 to replace them.

A new standard shock will outperform a tired worn out 'performance' one.