Styling Lower profile Tyres

Currently reading:
Styling Lower profile Tyres

Heres a first :p.... A wheel question ;)

I was talking to bloke at my local tyre place after he repaired one of my tyres. (I had impaled the wheel on a 2 inch nail :eek:) My current tyre's are Goodyear Eagle F1's 195/45 r15 :D

He said I can get lower profiles for my car, I knew this, but he said I could get them cheaply! £30-40 quid. Obviously these would be budget ones, but still if the tread patten looks nice, I don't mind.

The tyre size I would like would be anything between 195/30 r15 to 195/40 r15's... :D

Anyone know any good place's to get them from? Budget tyre's and premium's please. :)

Thanks,

joe

ps- I heard that these may make ride quality even worse, is that true?

Last edited:
joecinq said:
This one of the first links google gave me, this company is offering the 195/40/15 tyre with the alloy wheel package :confused:

EDIT- and heres the link :D

http://www.wheelmania.co.uk/wheels/mille_miglia/mm_ev_s/

so they are.... hmmmm, i think u will prob find that is it s type error on the web site tho, as the other side they offer are 195/50. so my guess is that it is meant to say 195/45 not 195/40, but hey call them up and ask about them! (y)

luke1985 said:
Wouldnt having a lower profile tyre give you speedo inaccuracies? :confused:

I am currently using bigger alloy's, so lower profiles will even things up a bit...

Actually, saying that, my speedo is 100% accurate up to 100mph according to my tomtom.

luke1985 said:
Wouldnt having a lower profile tyre give you speedo inaccuracies? :confused:

altering the overall wheel diameter from what is standard will give u speedo inaccuries, so havin a lower profile tyre on the bigger wheel, therefore making the overall diameter closer to standard might actually make your speedo more accurate!

only way to know for sure is to get it on a gps speedo and compare the reading to your speedo in the car

joecinq said:
Obviously these would be budget ones, but still if the tread patten looks nice, I don't mind.

ps- I heard that these may make ride quality even worse, is that true?

Once you get used to the Goodyears then change to budget it will take you 5 secs to realise why they call them budget! Nankangs look better IMO to the standard Pirelli's but since I intend to live a little longer I binned the Nankangs, even taking off a pair with 7mm of tread in favour of better rubber, in the wet the Nankangs made me fee like the automotive equivilent of Torvill and Dean! LOL

The tyre on a car is part of the suspension to a point, reducing the sidewall height takes away more shock absortion hence you may read of luxury cars being wasted ride wise by fitting stupidly huge alloys, i.e. these 22 bling things, oh dear every peeble and crazy tramlining....No thanks!

Liam

I think I will stick to these tyres then! I honestly can't fault them...

TBH going to 195/40's from 195/45's Is only about 10 mm difference! :eek: Doesn't seem worth it really.

Anyone know any sites that sell cheap eagle F1's? Kwikfit want stupid prices...

Cheers for your replies :)

bloomfieldliam said:
Hmm got any lower than £70? with a brand like that you will struggle to get them cheap TBH, Bridgestone and Conti's are good.

Liam

kwikfit were high 80's/low 90's, £70 would be the best yet, I will only be buying 2 as the rears have been shreaded by the arches over the last year... :eek:

joecinq said:
I think I will stick to these tyres then! I honestly can't fault them...

TBH going to 195/40's from 195/45's Is only about 10 mm difference! :eek: Doesn't seem worth it really.

Anyone know any sites that sell cheap eagle F1's? Kwikfit want stupid prices...

Cheers for your replies :)

i got my last set of Eagle F1 195/45 R15's from www.mytyres.co.uk
I think they were 58quid each.
I have to agree tho, once you've tried these tyres its hard to drive with any else. they just grip and grip and grip.

*edit* just had a look at mytyres and there currently goin for 52.30 each. BARGAIN

syphon123 said:
i got my last set of Eagle F1 195/45 R15's from www.mytyres.co.uk
I think they were 58quid each.
I have to agree tho, once you've tried these tyres its hard to drive with any else. they just grip and grip and grip.

*edit* just had a look at mytyres and there currently goin for 52.30 each. BARGAIN

SWEET! nice one, cheers mate! (y)

Back