Styling Lower 50/50 or 60/40

Currently reading:
Styling Lower 50/50 or 60/40

I wouldnt like to cut them, they are narrower at each end, to allow them to sit snug on the strut bracket, so cutting them would mean they could pop out if you go round a corner.

Older cars with springs that where equal at top, middle and bottom could be cut, seen a fair few people mentioning it on an older Volvo forum

How long have you had yours in?
How are you finding the ride now, stiff?

They wouldnt sit right probably causing damage. Also cut springs get harder by the %age cut off and lower springs are already hard, so it would ride (and handle) like a plank.

Do a proper job with some coilies.

can you get some pictures up, im having same issue with mine...

although its lower than standard, its not as low as it should be. Ive been emailing FK automotive to ask them about it but dont think there bothered..

Heres mine (gold), with 60/40 drop...versus standard springs (but with 17" wheels)

2011-03-02-17_09.jpg
2011-03-26 16.48.28.jpg

yeah this is mine 60 at front and 40 at the back mate on 15's

shockers only take the resonance out of the bump
springs set the ride height
of course if springs too short the shocker would get all the weight of the car sat on it
shockers that were at one height with standard springs arent going to last long at a new setting with lowered springs because the seals will be on a part of the shaft not used before

i wouldnt recommend spring shortening on the front cups as the spring would definitely not locate properly
rears,not sure nether looked that closely at them

Last edited:
Back