Technical Low front suspension.

Currently reading:
Technical Low front suspension.

DAMO1980

can ya raise the suspention on a fiat stilo dynamic 1.6 its that low i went over speed ramp and cracked my radiator its only about 4inch of the ground ive heard fiat only do one basic set of springs need solution lads

can ya raise the suspention on a fiat stilo dynamic 1.6 its that low i went over speed ramp and cracked my radiator its only about 4inch of the ground ive heard fiat only do one basic set of springs need solution lads
help

no i wasnt going fast but now i have to crawl over i said 4inch but prob lower i wander whats the normal clearance or if my springs are worn

im wondering if you have broken springs?
common fault on the car even with the spring catcher until 04 or 05, i think most long term owners have broken a couple (ive personally broken 3 until i switched to eibachs with 30mm drop). have alook, ive never found the ground clearence on the stilo an issue - we take our cars off road all the time when we camping and it only got stuck once (lot of rain fall and the car sank in the mud overnight)
roy

Roy's right. Probably a broken spring. Stilos normally ride so high, speed bumps really shouldn't be a problem. Unless a previous owner has fitted lowering springs..?

(James - shocks make no difference to ride height, only springs do that).

Back