General Low Engine RPM.

Currently reading:
General Low Engine RPM.

Turned my car on from cold a while back and it was reving at about 100-200rpm, blipped the throttle and it settled to 200ish again. I kept blipping it and after 3-4 goes it leveled normal.

never did it again, until......

today when warm the engine just stopped looked at rev guage and as soon as it hit 0rpm it sprung into life and the injector light came on.

also did the low rpm again from cold tonite.

however it seems to be a problem that chooses its time, 9/10 times it runs perfect. any ideas???

i have a my new engine to go in so not too woried if its engine related however if its ecu im worried.

have the punto throttle body in back yard, if it you dont think its breaking anything ill leave it be for now, new engine in in about 3-4 weeks so it wont worry me. but if its going to die ill get it sorted :) cheers

I'd suspect throttle position sensor (do you have a TB you can swap over?) or maybe temp sensor (could be a wiring fault to it).

A diagnostic would/should reveal all.

Won't be the engine itself if it runs OK most of the time.

would this necessarily come up on a diag?
Certain things don't seem to show up on mine or Steely's port readers - my MAP sensor for example (although reading this thread has given me a few more ideas).

Back