General Loved my Stilo, so I bought another

Currently reading:
General Loved my Stilo, so I bought another

Hello All. . .this is not a request for help, and I’m NOT selling anything, just wanted to share my Stilo story. I bought a 2005 used (diesel) Stilo multijet 1.9 JTD ( 115 PS) 5 Speed in 2007, with 70,000 Kilometers on it ( 43,500 miles). It died last week, and I took it to the local Fiat dealer and he said the Drive Shaft Bearings in the transmission were shot and it would cost 2.000 to 2,500 Euros to fix. ( he said he would replace the clutch at the same time seeing he had to pull the transmission ).

In the four years I’ve own this car, I have had all services down as required by the local FIAT dealer. The car now has 245,000 Kilometers on it ( 152,000 miles ), and I never had a single problem with it, ( till it just died ) I usually averaged around 5 to 6 liters for 100 kilometers (which averages out to about 43 MPG)

As a small station wagon, I found this car unbeatable. I would travel the autobahns loaded up, and still drive at 180 KPH ( or 110 MPH) and it would do that all day long ! I did go through the usual, amount of tires, and brake pads, but that was all. Even right now, the car never used a drop of oil. Still has the original Muffler and Exhaust.

I was completely and 100% satisfied with that car. In fact today I got a replacement, I bought a used 2004 Stilo Diesel Wagon ( 140 PS) 6 speed. With 90,000 Kilometers on it ( 55,000 miles) and I hope it is just as reliable as my other one was. Rather than paying 3000 Euros to get my old car fixed for a few thousand more I got another low mileage car. My old car will be heading to the junk yard next week, even thought the body, seats, A/C , motor, EVERYTHING but the tramsmission, are in A1 condition.

The only thing I’m not crazy about is the Connect Nav + radio, navigation, phone system in it and I’m looking to replace that.

I don’t know why Fiat stopped making the Stilo, but I love them ( so far, )

Old Hippy

Sorry your Stilo 'died'. Drive shaft failures are fairly rare (unless the boots split and you loose all lubricant). Let's hope your new acquisition proves as goods as the last one...

Back