General Love Fiat, Hate Refueling

Currently reading:
General Love Fiat, Hate Refueling

rongo said:
Yip happens on mine, i've found if you point the trigger nearer the door flap, and only pull the trigger say half way, you get non stop (if slower) fueling.

Yes this problem pissed me off 4 ages as well but i now do the same!

gr1340 said:
You have asked me that before Ems. I live in Great Stukeley and work in Peterborough. I can be seen driving around Huntingdon sometimes and even as far as Upwood on airsofting Sundays.

Sorry, got a rubbish memory :D

Yep its a common prob and when I go to any morissons garage it doesn't help as their pumps are always slow anyways!!

Except this one pump at a Shell garage @ Carlisle, the pump took 15mins to fill £25 there was a massive que behind me, and one guy though shouting was going to help, so I gave up moved my car on and watched and laughed myself stupid right in front of this pleb when he couldn't fill his Focus up either!!! it wasn't cutting out, it was just painfully slow.

had another one the other day where it overfilled me!!! I had nearly nowt in the tank, and it went right up to £25 in no time, so it should be at about 1/2 to 3/4mark (tank holds £42 at then price), got in car and it was stuck against the top limit!!! Milage to prove it too, was a fault apparently!! (I went to ask about it at kiosk, where she told me there was a problem with the pump), soon as I got home I took audi to garage (holds £80 odd of fuel on a full tank), got back to garage and the pump was taped off. :bang:

Just filled up at my usual Tesco pump and tried the 'put it in enough to move the flap' and it worked a treat. No cut off at all.

Cheers

gr1340 said:
Just filled up at my usual Tesco pump and tried the 'put it in enough to move the flap' and it worked a treat. No cut off at all.

Cheers

:woot:

by the looks of it we wont need to be re-fueling for a few days if the petrol strike goes ahead :rolleyes:

WHaaahayy petrol strike, UP THE GOVERNMENT, UP THE 64% DUTY ON FUEL!!

I say we should hijack a petrol tanker and fill up from it at night, I have a large barn which could fit a artic in no prob's, can get in round the back too!!
(y)
Anyone with me? :confused:

Yep mine is only 2 months old and yes I have the same crappy experience. It is worse here in Singapore as we have full service garages and the old guy filling her up never gets it full... He also get pretty annoyed when you tell him that he has to keep going.

I find with my Stilo it also depends on which garage you use. I have no problems at Sainsbury's, but at Shell and BP i find its really difficult as the nozzles are slightly different shapes. also at BP I have to be careful to not overfill the car as it doesn't automatically cut out when full, and just spews onto the forecourt!

Back