General Love 500

Currently reading:
General Love 500

Lounge lizard

I've just repaired my hatch wiring (again) after discovering washer fluid in the spare wheel well caused by a split in the hose just where it exits the body.

Anyway, it was with the help of one of Love 500's YouTube videos which showed how to get to the wiring inside the car which helped as I was able to get a little bit of slack from the car end of the wiring too.

So, a shout out to typecastboy who I believe does those excellent videos.

One day I would be happy to attempt the full repair by replacing the hatchback loom. Just need some decent weather...

Attachments

• 20230325_093857.jpg
    20230325_093857.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 20230325_094705.jpg
    20230325_094705.jpg
    827.7 KB · Views: 30
And another shout out for the YouTube videos you do.

Just changed the fuel cap retaining strap thanks to your 'how to' guide.

Got the strap with new pins from a well known auction site for about £4...

You can ease the ring off the cap which I did and this made getting the pins out a lot easier. Also, if you get the kit with the ring as you did, the whole thing is potentially a straight swap...

Only a small job, but satisfying and I'm no longer bugged by the broken strap, as I have been since we got the car...

And another shout out for the YouTube videos you do.

Just changed the fuel cap retaining strap thanks to your 'how to' guide.

Got the strap with new pins from a well known auction site for about £4...

You can ease the ring off the cap which I did and this made getting the pins out a lot easier. Also, if you get the kit with the ring as you did, the whole thing is potentially a straight swap...

Only a small job, but satisfying and I'm no longer bugged by the broken strap, as I have been since we got the car...
Remember to use the hook on the filler cap and the strap wont get stressed?

Back