Technical Loud rear wiper motor - Lubrication?

Currently reading:
Technical Loud rear wiper motor - Lubrication?

Hey all, I've been noticing on the few occasions when I've had to use the rear wiper in the Panda it makes a loud scraping/crunching noise.

Prior to my ownership the car lived in a fairly dry part of the country so I'd hazard a guess to say that it wasn't used all that often - which makes me think it may be a lubrication issue rather than being worn out.

Does anyone know whether the motor can be taken apart and re-greased?

Probably the wiperrubber is hard and dry. I'd start with a new blade cut from a new cheap frontwiperblade.

gr J

Thanks, yes that is a thought that I had earlier, but it still makes the noise even with the blade/arm in the 'lifted' position (not touching the glass)

Various things you can try. Remove the inner door trim and spray the whole thing with WD40. Oil the linkages and check for loose mounts.

Often the o-ring stopping water from getting past the spindle and into the gearbox will fail on these types of system, normally they're not hard to strip down, clean and regrease, and if you can, replace the o-ring.

Normally the parts are fairly robust in these systems, but the spindles can corrode.

Back