Loud Fiats...

Currently reading:
Loud Fiats...

turbo cars on boost (high boost) even with a big exhaust like moi don't make as much noise as you'd think.
basically it just sounds like 100mph worth of road noise spooling up under teh bonnet.

at idle it was rumbly as funk as the turbo isn't spinning hard enough to cut up the reverbarations the end makes.
on boost though inside the cockpit you just get SSCCCCCWOOOORRRR, ffaaa PPIISSSTTTT!!!, SSSCCCWWWWWOOOORRRRRRR, and your doing silly speeds:eek:

the saab makes some good noises, got a std exhaust, but a better manifold (part of the BSR package) running more boost than std (don't know how much, but it make it 265, instead of 205brake:D ).
its quite, but makes some fantastic whining noises.
even though its got big wheels and skirts and jet engine style front splitter (std fit) its an understated car.
whats more is the fact it can put just about ANY car on the road into its place. I know a guy with a std evo FQ300 (or 305 or something, its 54reg) and he was blown away by the saab (took him for a spin on 596), I think its the 4wd that killed the evo tbh:rolleyes:
and its fairly quite when it does it too! just get a satisfying scoaring noise, huge increase in windnoise as you find yourself suddenly doing twice the national, followed by a subtle factory dump valve (bosch plastic one, but theres enough boost there to make it chirp nicely) and a puff of black smoke out the exhaust on up and down shifts:slayer:

I want one for myself, but not for another 2years at least yet (got 1NCB, would need 3 to afford an aero anything:cry: )

hmm, I like loud cars but not novas etc.. lol, the starbo has a 2.5" inch blitz system with a 5" tip lol, sounds lovely and with the manifold etc.. the turbo does one hell of a nice whistling noise when it spools up :D. But I have to agree with the whole big exhaust on a 1.0 idea lol :p

faster4_tec said:
the saab makes some good noises, got a std exhaust, but a better manifold (part of the BSR package) running more boost than std (don't know how much, but it make it 265, instead of 205brake:D ).
its quite, but makes some fantastic whining noises.
even though its got big wheels and skirts and jet engine style front splitter (std fit) its an understated car.
whats more is the fact it can put just about ANY car on the road into its place. I know a guy with a std evo FQ300 (or 305 or something, its 54reg) and he was blown away by the saab (took him for a spin on 596), I think its the 4wd that killed the evo tbh:rolleyes:

Remember the Evo is all about rallying not drag racing though.:worship:

A 20V Coupe (probably turbo, defo big exhaust!!) regularly blasts up the hill outside my office and it sounds wonderful.....

Back