Loud Fiats...

Currently reading:
Loud Fiats...

Yeah it's sh*t!

I hate 1.2 nova's and even punto's with these mega-loud boomy exhausts. I live near a set of lights and a 24hr garage so I hear it all the time. I'm like, shut up! It's a fcccking slow as feck shopping hatch, stop with that awful noise! it's not sporty, it's not cool, it's just plain annoying!

Definately, you can't have a huge bore exhaust on a bog standard N/A

Air filters don't really count as engine mods either

Nice custom made full exhaust systems make sense though

My car looked quite standard when I had the exhaust put on (though it was an emergency and for all of a week until it went to the bodyshop), but then I don't think it's OTT, not too huge and not too loud, more rumbly than loud. I think it's just a case of getting it right :)

It's just stupid and very annoying especially when you race them off the line :nono:... by accident :eek:. Had one recently that thought me putting my toe down pulling onto the motorway decently was racing them & they pass on the motorway with the passenger delivering hand signs declaring vitory... :bang:

StoneNewt said:
It's just stupid and very annoying especially when you race them off the line :nono:... by accident :eek:. Had one recently that thought me putting my toe down pulling onto the motorway decently was racing them & they pass on the motorway with the passenger delivering hand signs declaring vitory... :bang:
I get that all the time too, especially when they go slowly, you come up behind them, go to overtake and *bang* they decide it's a good time to race and stop overtaking.

Oh, a loud exhaust is handy when someone's holding you up, drop it into third and boom, they may move over (never happened before I had it.....).

-Matt- said:
Nice custom made full exhaust systems make sense though

Like this one.

Picture063.jpg

Sounds a beaut especially at low revs :yum:

Must clean my exhaust

lmao.

Well im not bothered what it looks like, i just want to give my brava a bit of a beefier sound.... Any suggestions what i can do to make it sound nicer.. but not look stupid?

SamG_Marea said:
lmao.

Well im not bothered what it looks like, i just want to give my brava a bit of a beefier sound.... Any suggestions what i can do to make it sound nicer.. but not look stupid?

a new air filter is a good starting point :D

dunno what a good one would be for your car, but im sure k&n would do one:p

loud exhausts are great if you havent gone through puberty.

but once you grow up they seem so gay and you cant believe you ever had one.

stick to 3", maybe 4" at most, and make sure its a proper backbox, not a straight through jap style burnt tip monster from hell. think about your neighbours, and your reputation. you dont want people to point and laugh when you're creating over 100db and the car still aint going anywhere fast.

but when the car IS going fast, makes loud turbo noises from its 2.3 turbo'd engine with NO silencers or box's whatso ever, just engine-turbo-3" of stainless joy-enviroment

I am so pissed off i didn't get any drivebys of it on tape:bang:
oh was a volvo estate BTW, went like .... off a shovel, almost silent when driving around normally, all you can here inside was the turbo scouring sounds, at idle it was loud, put at WOT it was beautiful, sounded like kind of hell:cool:

only ever raced people out of town, as unlike kids in paxo's I am not an idiot in town where there is a limit for reason, and I don't like people looking at me in my car:eek:

out of town though, I was described as UNT (c) by members of the turbo brick forum northern meet, although I think they were jealous, all of them had standard FT blocks (I had a mod'd ET block, but with skinny rod's so couldn't push the boost past what I had already done for fear of engine implosion)

i'd still have a turbo brick. i've seen the cops use them to good effect, they even caught up to my mate in his scooby once and we had a 140mph head start.

The Beast said:
Hellcat your bang on the money!
tipo sound well tasty too

Click my link to hear 20Vs

Stood checking the tyre pressures at the local Shell garage and watched a scoobie leave... bruuuuuuuum

nice low rumble.

Next leaves a chav'd up 205.. Bzzzzzzzzzzz as he wheel spins his way out in 1st gear on the oily surface..

I shake my head and smirk. There is another scoobie about to leave and he's got the same smirk on his face... bruuuuuuuuum as he leaves.

There is definetly a big difference between improving the sound, and just making an angry wasp sound louder.

edit: p.s. Not bad for an odd-pot :p

the other sound to watch out for is the low pitched wispy sound under a fairly normal exhaust note... that generally means someone's got a damn big turbo in front of a well silenced exhaust.

StoneNewt said:
the other sound to watch out for is the low pitched wispy sound under a fairly normal exhaust note... that generally means someone's got a damn big turbo in front of a well silenced exhaust.

dont you mean the whistle?

Back