Technical Lost Power

Currently reading:
Technical Lost Power

stevevfr

On 3 occassions over the last couple of months I have lost engine power for about 10-15 seconds. The red 'injector' light comes on and power fades then returns and all is ok for a few weeks. Anyone else experience this before??? Also what does the secondary pipe do from the air intake box to the carb (push fit on the front of carb). I had a hole in mine and have just fixed it but have not noticed any effect.....!!!!

cinq 97

stevevfr said:
On 3 occassions over the last couple of months I have lost engine power for about 10-15 seconds. The red 'injector' light comes on and power fades then returns and all is ok for a few weeks. Anyone else experience this before??? Also what does the secondary pipe do from the air intake box to the carb (push fit on the front of carb). I had a hole in mine and have just fixed it but have not noticed any effect.....!!!!

cinq 97

Secondary pipe is probably an oil breather....it sounds like an 899cc, is it?

yeah1 its an 899cc. Now just about all power has gone but i have no red lights showing, had to nurse it along the M4 today, it feels like a lack of fuel and a bit kangaroo'y, especially when going downhill and with the foot OFF the accelerator.

Back