Technical Lost gears and floppy gear stick

Currently reading:
Technical Lost gears and floppy gear stick

Oldschooljon

Before I can even do the drive shaft/spider gear checks, my daughter called to say that she lost the ability to select 1,2 and reverse. I just quickly had a look and when you put it in first/second, the stick just self centres. Not sure if this is linked to the spider gears or just another problem but it’s now blocking the garage. Any ideas or tips welcome. 😊

3rd and 4th will work look at the gearbox end push the end back on
Just done it and got gears, thanks. But it looks like the rubber bush has split as part remains on the selector. I don’t particularly want to fork out for new cables, is the end sold separately? I can see a bush replacement kit is available in the US but that’s a non starter due to postage.

I believe @typecastboy glued his back on once with superglue and it never gave any issues! You could just buy a second hand set and take off that bushing ?
I tried replacing my original set with aftermarket ones and I could NOT get that bushing back on!! It would not fit stick to OEM

Just done it and got gears, thanks. But it looks like the rubber bush has split as part remains on the selector. I don’t particularly want to fork out for new cables, is the end sold separately? I can see a bush replacement kit is available in the US but that’s a non starter due to postage.
Would something like these work?

On the Stilo, the ball-joint/end section can unscrew, so in theory could be available as a spare part.. but good luck finding one. I think it's just to aid assembly of the cable rather than for service/repairs.

On the other hand, if it's detachable, you might be able to get a new or second-hand cable, remove the new/good linkage and attach it to yours, leaving the rest of the cable in there.

Ralf S.

Back