Scudo Loss of power

Currently reading:
Scudo Loss of power

KellyG237

Hi,
Im hoping someone can help me!! I have a fiat scudo 2.0 jtd van (51 plate). For a couple of weeks the engine management light has been coming on and off but now it is on all the time and it is losing power and is very juddery.
When I say losing power it doesn't cut out but you could have your foot to the floor and it won't shift like it used to??? Any ideas?
Thanks

im no fiat boffin but ive been around cars for years , its sounds like the MAF or Mass air flow meter needs changing , it usually just needs a clean with brake cleaner spray or MAF spray or if its shot a new one this may or may not repair the problem completely if it does excellent if not then check the intercooler pipe hiding just under the air filter housing with two wires connected back to loom. The rubber pipe on these units can split sometimes and if you can hear a very very slight hiss when the engine is gunned its what needs replacing. this will or should give a diagnostic code of "turbo pressure low permanent fault". as i say im no fiat boffin but usually diesel donks have the same problems the world over.

if u want to see if its maf just unplug it if it runs ok this way then its that

When I unplug my maf it runs the same although no engine check on? Later the engine light came on P0403 help needed please.

Attachments

• 20220531_163343.jpg
    20220531_163343.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
Back