Technical loss of power

Currently reading:
Technical loss of power

Fiatcromahull

car been in body shop
collected it today. loss of power til turbo kicks in at 2500 rpm. feels like its being held back. very slow in acceleration and quite scary when pulling out of junctions. any clues?

When mine did this it was the EGR valve sticking open. Bl**dy scary at roundabouts with an automatic gearbox :eek::eek::eek:

Mine was the EGR valve sticking, it must be the most common problem on diesel Cromas. Exactly the same symptoms as yours, I changed the valve, didn't bother cleaning the old one

Mass Air Flow Meter, Disconnect and see if any difference, if not then look at EGR. If you replace the MAF, get a bosch one, if you replace the EGR get a Vauxhall Vectra C one from 2002 with the CDTi engines, half price compared to Alfa / Fiat.

Re disconnecting MAF. If you do this and the car runs and pulls smoothly, that's your problem identified . However, you will get an engine management warning light while it is disconnected. When you reconnect the MAF this light may stay on for up to 3 full drive/switch off/drive cycles. The car will run smoothly and pull like a train until the light goes out. Then back to hop, skip and jump.

HTH
CJLAR

the MAF sensor is located after the airfilter and is between two large flexible rubber hoses (1.9 8 valve) It has a pull off electrical connector and thats all you need to do.

Back