General losing water?

Currently reading:
General losing water?

the car is a 0.9 94 cinq, at first the radiator was leaking, and water keep leaking out, got that changed . it was fine for about 3 months and now there doesn't seem to be any trace to leaking , but water keep dissappearin.

I know u might be suspectign head-gasket might be gone, but the engine oil does not seem watery....

Any idea?

Could it be the header tank losing pressure casuing the water to start boiling at a lower temp ??

thanks

the car is a 0.9 94 cinq, at first the radiator was leaking, and water keep leaking out, got that changed . it was fine for about 3 months and now there doesn't seem to be any trace to leaking , but water keep dissappearin.

I know u might be suspectign head-gasket might be gone, but the engine oil does not seem watery....

Any idea?

Could it be the header tank losing pressure casuing the water to start boiling at a lower temp ??

thanks

First of all, sorry for the bad english. :eek:
You must make a compression test of the circuit :(

and check those iron disks (don´t know the name in English) that the engines have from both sides (mine was leaking from one of those :bang: .

regards

Any idea?

The likely suspects are:

head-gasket -- look for mayonaise like deposits on and below the filler cap. But this isn't conclusive: you really need to run a compression test.

leaks: either pressurise the system or run the engine and look very carefully everywhere. Anti freeze tastes, BTW, just like sacharine -- very sweet. Hose connections are likely candidates, as is the water pump and the seal at the engine end of the water rail.

a leak from the pressure cap is possible -- either replace (they're very cheap) or get it tested.

Back