General losing power

Currently reading:
General losing power

obi1123

i have a 1.2 8v punto active, and there seems to be no change in speed when changing from 4th to 5th e.g. you don't feel the 'kick' like you do in other gear changes, is this normal?

LOL :D ive got a mk2b 1.2 8v you really need to give it some to feel the "kick".
When your on a motorway or long stretch of road Just cain it. Ive found changing gear at 4000 revs is the peak time to do so or about 4250 revs.
Another thing, dont expect soo much from a tiny engine. Thats only my opinion though. :slayer:

Anfield

lol yea im aware it is a slow vehicle, i just find it hard to feel any difference between 4th and 5th.

Losing a little weight might help, on mine im planning on getting a gsr induction kit and a sports exhaust to combine with it and give it that extra boost. Well from 60 bhyp to say 65-67bhp is a big increase lol in a engine that small which is about a 10 percent increase in power, im sure that would be noticeable and clearly sound nicer.

yea i was thinking of getting some small engine mods, i'm fairly new to driving so i wasn't sure if it was normal or not, or whether i was somehow doing something wrong.

Back