General Looking to buy an early 500 Abarth, any tips ?

Currently reading:
General Looking to buy an early 500 Abarth, any tips ?

Tinom5

So after looking for my car, by my car I mean something I can feel that’s just build for me ( currently driving a 5.5 Passat V6. Thing is nice and all but having worked for the local Alfa, Maserati and Abarth dealer and owned alot of Alfas ( for my age ) I just don’t feel it. It’s cold heavy, and totally uninspired. It’s very comfy even with lowered springs but eh not that big of a deal.

Anyways after remembering how I loved the back then new 595 with 180hp that was a demo car of ours I loved the Abarth, and for the past couple of months I have searched for all kinds of cars but nothing seems to ring a bell. Except an Abarth 500. Problem is they are expensive except the first editions from 2008 to 2012. Those I can get fro about 10-11 000 euros and seem good. Now I know they are slower but nothing a remap can’t fix.
I want to ask are there any specific stuff I need to look about for in them and are prices right ? I mean a model of 2013 onwards costs like 13000 and upwards which is kinda out of my league. Guess an alternative might be a Grande Punto Abarth but those are extremely rare here.
Any tips would be good. How are they in terms of reliability, parts availability and general problems.

Mine is a 2011 remapped to 170HP and (more importantly) 300 Nm. No problems sofar (almost 2 years in my possession now).

gr J
Ok that’s a plus. Now it’s either this ( meaning I have to break my ass to work and save for this thing ) or just buy a MiTo QV.
Yes MiTo QVs are 2 times as low as a Abarth here. Idk why.

I will see then. Still gonna roam around in the Passat until I figure out the money and if there will be a good second hand Abarth for sale.
Anything to look out for ? As far as I understand the car albeit an Abarth is fairly simple made and is very durable, especially the engine itself.

Service(history) is important to me. Not so much if everything is done by a dealer, but what parts are used and how frequent is the oil (mine runs on Valvoline 5W50) changed.
Landsail or linglong tires are a great nono to me and indicate that the rest of the maintenance is done on the cheap too.

gr J

Back