looking for user friendy cctv kit recomendations

Currently reading:
looking for user friendy cctv kit recomendations

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
maybe wireless cams might be a good option, the set up is easy really, you don't have to be extremely techy to start it recording. We use the arlo pro and the setup was quick. I also like how it can record at night very clearly. You might want to look into it. Although I feel that its motion sensor is a bit faulty, it would detect false motions and sometimes the notifications can be a bit bothersome. surveillance wise, it's good.

maybe wireless cams might be a good option, the set up is easy really, you don't have to be extremely techy to start it recording. We use the arlo pro and the setup was quick. I also like how it can record at night very clearly. You might want to look into it. Although I feel that its motion sensor is a bit faulty, it would detect false motions and sometimes the notifications can be a bit bothersome. surveillance wise, it's good.

i dont have a problem setting up to view on the pc its just getting it onto my phone i get stuck on, i have seen some kits that you just scan in a QR code but they are either expensive or have low resolution cameras:confused:

True. Most high def cams with mobile app nowadays are quite expensive. We wouldn't have gotten ours if not for last year's black friday. I found this page somewhere. smartrobotichome. com.I'm sorry i dont know how to make it easier to click, lol. It might help? or you can look around for other options too. I think most recordings viewed phone are accessible through mobile app nowadays. I'm not really an expert. I just started looking in to these things a couple of months ago when someone tried to break in to our house. It was terrible.

I sell the stuff via my work and I would say that the wireless stuff can be jammed up for about £20 with a plug in adapter off eBay. So for me that is not good. If you are on price then a BNC wiring camera system around 4/5mp would be a good call. If you can get a starlight camera then you will love that, see YouTube for details. If budget is bigger then a Hikvision Darkfighter camera system would be the nuts.

Which ever system you get, you will always want a better picture quality. As things happen just outside the range of the camera quality. Also remember that most cameras are beyond the quality of most monitor's or TVs. Get a 4k monitor or TV to keep your viewing pleasure better.

I sell the stuff via my work and I would say that the wireless stuff can be jammed up for about £20 with a plug in adapter off eBay. So for me that is not good. If you are on price then a BNC wiring camera system around 4/5mp would be a good call. If you can get a starlight camera then you will love that, see YouTube for details. If budget is bigger then a Hikvision Darkfighter camera system would be the nuts.

Which ever system you get, you will always want a better picture quality. As things happen just outside the range of the camera quality. Also remember that most cameras are beyond the quality of most monitor's or TVs. Get a 4k monitor or TV to keep your viewing pleasure better.

If you really need the security, then go for hard wiring and ideally fit a few cheap cameras as decoys for the high spec ones. Cover any LEDs on the quality cams so they dont get noticed.

Cheap it wont be, but cheap isnt much use if it's jammed or the images are rubbish.

at home i have got a FLOUREON kit pic quality is good, but i cant work out how to get it to go to my phone, i'd be happy buying the same kit for work if only i can get phone alerts and watch it from home as some other units on the site have had attempted break ins.
police say due to cuts they don't patrol commercial sites like they used to and crooks know this

I hate to say that the only way to make sure the cameras work is to pay for a company to watch/monitor them. Then link them with the alarm via a PIR sensors setup.

Hey Dave, been a while!

I've had this one for about 4 years and it's bang on.. 4 channel and does everything you'd want. Easily set up to be able to view it on a generic CCTV app.

Saw it linked the other day on Facebook so grabbed the link, mines got a 500gb HD records for about 2 month before over writing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372510660049

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hey Dave, been a while!

I've had this one for about 4 years and it's bang on.. 4 channel and does everything you'd want. Easily set up to be able to view it on a generic CCTV app.

Saw it linked the other day on Facebook so grabbed the link, mines got a 500gb HD records for about 2 month before over writing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372510660049

thanks

Last edited:
Back