General Looking for steering column surround

Currently reading:
General Looking for steering column surround

IrishSei

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone would be able to help. Bought a cinqucento a few months ago, all fairly neat and tidy except that the normal cinq steering wheel, indicator stalks and steering column surround have been replace for some reason with those from a seicento.

Thanks to lukmek, I have managed to get my hands on a lovely original sporting wheel, & a set of proper cinq stalks from ebay. The final bit I need is the plastic surround, anyone have any ideas where I might get this from, I've been searching ebay for the past few months but to no avail, perhaps I'm not calling it the right name?!

Thanks in advance guys.

/James

Zoy5IRr.jpg

gF3ojuv.jpg

iaEwzha.jpg

I'd call it a shroud or cowl.
Best thing to do though is just search ebay for "cinquecento breaking" and message the sellers with what you're after, they don't normally list each individual item until they're asked for.
Alternatively, post on this thread and someone will have a look see what they can find :)

Yup, the last of the Cinqs had Sei columns. Be careful, the column itself is different too.

You can't just put the Cinq stalks on a Sei column.

You'll also note your rear wash/wipe switches are missing from the dash. Probably your light switch too.

The loom is different.

D

Last edited:
Yup, the last of the Cinqs had Sei columns. Be careful, the column itself is different too.

You can't just put the Cinq stalks on a Sei column.

You'll also note your rear wash/wipe switches are missing from the dash. Probably your light switch too.

The loom is different.

D

Crap! What are my options here then? Am I best to just try get my hands on a sei leather wheel? Pitty as I much prefer the proper cinq one to the rugby ball.

On the plus side, you'll be glad you asked your question before ripping your car to bits to find out nothing fits.

D

This is true!! Right, off to the classifieds section!

Thanks everyone for their help.

/James

Funnily enough I was wanting to 'upgrade' my 1997 Cinq Sporting to the newer Seicento steering wheel and stalk set up - but having researched the differences to the loom, column and other bits, I was put off - plus finding the parts from a really late Cinq to do the conversion seems near-impossible now.

Funnily enough I was wanting to 'upgrade' my 1997 Cinq Sporting to the newer Seicento steering wheel and stalk set up - but having researched the differences to the loom, column and other bits, I was put off - plus finding the parts from a really late Cinq to do the conversion seems near-impossible now.

Interesting, well if you ever do feel like going through with it, perhaps we could organise a swap? (y)

James
I could find one for you..
Let me know
[emoji1417]

Back