Technical Looking for comfortmatic expert

Currently reading:
Technical Looking for comfortmatic expert

Canex

Hi all,
Does anyone know of an expert on the comfortmatic gearbox? Specifically the electrical side ie where the control module is & how the wires are routed.
I have an intermittent fault I'm trying to trace.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,

You have not taken note of the "sticky" Welcome post at the top of the Ducato section. This specifically suggests that you include vehicle information when requesting help. You are likely to get more relevant replies if this info is given.

I am not what you seek, a conformatic expert, but it occurs to me that the information you require may be included in eLearn, which is available in the downloads section, for both the x244, and x250 models. The programme runs on a Windows computer.

Here is a link for illustrative purposes, to the appropriate section of an online versionof eLearn for the x244 model. If you require info relating to the x250, may I warn that packet prints, supplied by others in good faith, suffer from poor definition of the diagrams, which means that connector pin numbers, and wire colour codes are difficult to read.

Sorry, it's a 2014/5 2.3 Ducato
Not sure which model exactly as it changed about that time. It was registered 15 Jan 2015 so could be the 14 year.

If my memory serves, what you have is an x290. Fiat changed policy and did not publish an eLearn for the x290. The best fit is eLearn for the x250, but this is a lengthy document. May I suggest that you browse the Downloads link at the top of the page, selecting Commercials, and then Ducato. I believe that there is also a Conformatic Training Manual available in there.

If my memory serves, what you have is an x290. Fiat changed policy and did not publish an eLearn for the x290. The best fit is eLearn for the x250, but this is a lengthy document. May I suggest that you browse the Downloads link at the top of the page, selecting Commercials, and then Ducato. I believe that there is also a Conformatic Training Manual available in there.
Thanks for your reply 🙂 I already have the training manual & a mechanic with all the diagnostic equipment but I need to know the routing of the wiring & where the controller module is. I found the fuses & relay after extensive searching but I really need to speak to an expert.

Does anyone know where this ECU is located in the van?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230605_111302_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230605_111302_Chrome.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 33
As I have previously stated I am not familiar with the x290. On the Ducato, the Engine Control Unit (ECU) is typically located on the LH inner wing near the air filter. On the x290 you will probably have to remove the LH headlamp for access.

As I have previously stated I am not familiar with the x290. On the Ducato, the Engine Control Unit (ECU) is typically located on the LH inner wing near the air filter. On the x290 you will probably have to remove the LH headlamp for access.
Thanks, I've found that one but it's the engine ECU & I'm looking for the gearbox one

Hi

The location of the Comfortmatic Transmission Control Unit (TCU) is inside the passenger compartment. See attached screenshots from pages 5 and 20 of the training guide.

Once you find the TCU it should be possible to identify the route of the looms.

Normally, passenger compartment wiring has an easier life than that in the engine compartment, and is more reliable unless disturbed. The exception is being subjected to spilled drinks !

Attachments

• Comfortmatic components.jpg
    Comfortmatic components.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 97
  • Comfortmatic ECU.jpg
    Comfortmatic ECU.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 100
Back