General Looking for advise on a potential purchase

Currently reading:
General Looking for advise on a potential purchase

Hi Gang,

Not technically a Fiat Croma but I have an opportunity to purchase a 1987 Lancia Thema ie Turbo today and was just looking for general feedback with regards to reliability/common problems. I always value your help on here for my classic Fiat's and this seems a good opportunity to expand my collection. Lancia club needs an annual fee and I just wanted to ask some questions.
It's last mot was 2017 (no advisories) own by an old farmer that passed away but clearly used it as a workhorse i.e. caked in mud, tatty interior with broken trim and straw in the boot (and a towbar lol).
It drives and seems solid (surface rust on subframe etc).
I know I'll need the cambelt done and a service minimum.
Just wanted some general feedback from Croma owners with regards to using as a daily driver and common faults to look for.

Thanks,

Dominic

Hi Gang,

Not technically a Fiat Croma but I have an opportunity to purchase a 1987 Lancia Thema ie Turbo today and was just looking for general feedback with regards to reliability/common problems. I always value your help on here for my classic Fiat's and this seems a good opportunity to expand my collection. Lancia club needs an annual fee and I just wanted to ask some questions.
It's last mot was 2017 (no advisories) own by an old farmer that passed away but clearly used it as a workhorse i.e. caked in mud, tatty interior with broken trim and straw in the boot (and a towbar lol).
It drives and seems solid (surface rust on subframe etc).
I know I'll need the cambelt done and a service minimum.
Just wanted some general feedback from Croma owners with regards to using as a daily driver and common faults to look for.

Thanks,

Dominic
Awesome car.
Closely related to the Saab 9000 and the croma.
Yes cam belt change essential.
Otherwise just normal service items.

Back