General Looking for a 4x4

Currently reading:
General Looking for a 4x4

Hi folks,
Im looking for a 4x4 or preferably a sisly as a run around and project car.

My budget isnt huge but are there any reliability issues I should be aware of or parts shortages?

I know the doors can get rusty at the bottom.
Ive always liked them, its only now that im in a position to run one.
Im not afraid of a little basic manitainance work, but I do want it as a daily commuter.

Thanks for any help
Jonathan

Hi,
If you're quick, There's a nice Sisely potential project car on ebay now.
I don't want it...but it sounds ideal for you.

HHmmmmmmm

Cheers mate - ive dropped him a mail.

He mentioned a slight oil leak is that normal for a FIRE series engine.
Are they good for more than 90k miles as this has done?

Im seriously looking at this one.
Thanks
Jonathan

My last car did 130,000 with no probs from the engine and no leaks. The gearbox was knackered though and was due a rebuild. So too were the engine mounts.

Fix It Again Tony!
Would swap for X19, Montecarlo Spider or GT.i.e in average/poor condition! Scottish based would be nice.

Im just wonderign if I should forget the Sisley thing and go for a very good condition 4x4 that is only 10miles from me.

Its met grey, had the doors replaced and now now signs of rust. twin sunroofs. Well maintained. Has 60k miles and the bull bars and spots etc. The guy wants £250. Its an F reg.
But will I always wish I had a sisley?

Hi Roadster.
Can you stretch your finances to buy both cars ? take all the bits you need off the standard 4x4 and put them on the Sisely.
When you've finished getting the Sisely right, stick all the cast-offs on the 'standard' and sell it on...some-one will buy it (maybe even me) for a project or spares.
As for whether you'd regret not buying the Sisely; the answer is YES. 4x4's are rare, but the Sisely is the rarest and is totally unique. I've had 12 or so Panda's pass through my hands and scrapped most without a backwards glance...but the Sisely that I recently bought, ah now...that's different. I've already spent £700 quid on it and it still looks rough !I'll pay whatever it costs because it is simply one of a kind.

As for mileage...Sandra's PandaPanda 4x4 has just clocked up 106000 and is running as sweet as ever.
Stop procrastinating my friend...go for it !

HHmmmmmmm

Hi again...if you are looking at Crazy's 4x4..I'll buy the wheels for £50:)

HHmmmmmmm

<s>Ive not seen crazy's car advertised....</s>

Ahh - see what you mean.
The one near me is grey and is apparently in as good condition+ but also has bars etc.

PS Im really glad this forum is here.
Ive not done too much with engines before and I thought this (when I find one) would be a perfect fun car to enjoy tinkering with.

Back