General look what i've just bought.

Currently reading:
General look what i've just bought.

AppleSei said:
I imagine the squeeling would be the timing belt???
I’m not really in the know with the Diesel block TBH, but when my timing belt’s tensioner was playing up was higher up in the revs and didn’t stop after a few seconds.

I’d assume it’s a lose alternator belt as it behaves as described. However, if you don’t know when the timing belt (and tensioner) were last changed, it’s probably a good idea to replace. Unlike the FIRE engine it’s not a safe block ;).

Nice choice of colour by the way (y)

Louie Bee said:
I’m not really in the know with the Diesel block TBH, but when my timing belt’s tensioner was playing up was higher up in the revs and didn’t stop after a few seconds.

I’d assume it’s a lose alternator belt as it behaves as described. However, if you don’t know when the timing belt (and tensioner) were last changed, it’s probably a good idea to replace. Unlike the FIRE engine it’s not a safe block ;).

Nice choice of colour by the way (y)

i'd have preferred black like my 1.1 that i got last week tbh.
timing belt, tensioner and fan belt will be changed sunday morning and the squeeling will be the fan belt.

not a problem as i am in the car trade and these 1.7 diesels are easy to work on, this is the 2nd one ive had.

Louie Bee said:
Good lad :)

One thing I’ve wondered about the Uno Diesel – will it run on Vegetable Oil like Jeremy Clarkson did with an old Volvo ages ago :confused:
half n half mix should work ok, know a guy who does it with a pug, smells like a chippy though, dont forget you have to tell the govenment and pay a bit of duty on it, (yeah right:rolleyes: :p ;) )

If the fuel pump is Lucas, it is very risky to run on veggie oil - even half/half with the diesel. It will eat through gaskets and glue its inner parts over time (n)
If it is Bosch, it should (supposedly) work safely.
This is the info I gathered here and there over the summer - veggie oil seems to be a hit of 2005 season :D .

how come cars are so damn cheap in the UK? for an uno like that you'd have to pay minimum £1000 over here!! :(

bulldog5046 said:
yeah but i bet you dont have to pay £1368/year on insurance for a £400 car do you?

hmm not that much but for a fully comprehesive plan on a second hand car for drivers less than 25 it would get close to £800-1000

I live in Malta btw

yeah whenever u buy a new car or import one 1/3 of the price is registration tax

Back