Look What I Bought.

Currently reading:
Look What I Bought.

faster4_tec said:
thought it was?? upto 21 years with the proper license, you can have anything you like upto 33bhp (restricted somehow).
after 21 you can do the full unrestricted test and ride what the hell you like.

or thats how i thought it worked??

125cc and 33bhp doesn't sound a problem to me, sounds rather potent actually!!!:yum:

When I meant 'learner legal', I meant riding around on 'L' plates with a provisional licence. Don't think a 33bhp 125 is allowed as aren't provisional licence holders restricted to 12bhp?

At least that how it was when I learnt to ride 20 years ago :eek: Back then you either were a learner on 'L' plates with a provisional licence (on a bike of 125cc or less and 12bhp or less) or passed the part 1 and part 2 tests and got a full motorcycle licence. I passed my bike test at 18 and could have gone straight out and bought a 1000cc monster with my new full licence. Well, actually trying to insure a 1000cc monster at 18 was another matter entirely :p

Wish I could get back on two wheels. No other feeling like it (y)

1986Uno45S said:
When I meant 'learner legal', I meant riding around on 'L' plates with a provisional licence. Don't think a 33bhp 125 is allowed as aren't provisional licence holders restricted to 12bhp?
yeh thats true apart from it's 14hp. it's down on the logbook etc as a learner legal restricted bike, but who's going to know, i bought it on the understanding it was full standard wink wink lol

@herpsuk thanks, just buy a bike and bring it home or say the bike found you, it's what i usually do, my mam never wanted me to get a bike, then someone drove into me breaking my leg, and somehow i have convinced her to let me get another, she even let me borrow some money :D:eek:

right i got the bike today, and my god is it quick!! its actually scary :eek: hardest part is keeping the front wheel on the ground. i took it for a run around where i live for 2 minuites, straight away saw the police turning into a junction whilst riding along with my mate in his saxo. we were doing at least 75 :eek: in a 30 zone (i know i know..) thought they would have followed me home but didnt, would have been fked because im not insured yet :eek:

Alex-R said:
right i got the bike today, and my god is it quick!! its actually scary :eek: hardest part is keeping the front wheel on the ground. i took it for a run around where i live for 2 minuites, straight away saw the police turning into a junction whilst riding along with my mate in his saxo. we were doing at least 75 :eek: in a 30 zone (i know i know..) thought they would have followed me home but didnt, would have been fked because im not insured yet :eek:

You lucky bugger, let it be a lesson learnt not to again eh ;)

Alex-R said:

I was expecting more a backlash to that post lol :p

i like it (y) its a few years since i last rode an RGV125, but i have fond memories of them.

RGV125s are getting harder to find these days, especially at 14k on an M reg and in Lucky Strike colours. very nice find! and it looks clean.

i think you might have preferred an RS125 or a Mito. the suzuki will be more reliable and require less tlc, but the RS and Mito handle so well and go so quick in comparison. and the mito looks like pure sex. but if you want hassle free riding the RGV is probably the better choice.

yeh i love it, i don't like the look of the RS125s and would have had a mito but didnt find one good enough :D the panels are in good nick and hes given me 2 of every bit of fairing with the bike for free, including a full sticker set and new tank :D

Alex-R said:
yeh i love it, i don't like the look of the RS125s and would have had a mito but didnt find one good enough :D the panels are in good nick and hes given me 2 of every bit of fairing with the bike for free, including a full sticker set and new tank :D

:eek: Beautiful Italian curves :p

Sound's like you got a bargain.

had 95mph out of the bike just before, was in 5th gear too, thought i was in 6th but i knocked it up to check and it went up a gear and started to go faster but that was enough for me lol. little sparks started coming out of the exhaust :eek: is that normal? because the bike had stood for a few weeks and it happened to my mates scooter. i dont even think the bike has been past 70

I wish I could have a motorbike, but my parents said no and a boy I know crashed his about 2 months ago and is still in intensive care :(

sparks out the exhaust? if they are coming out the side of the exhaust and into the frame maybe the engine is earthing throught the exhaust. in which case i wouldnt worry about it but i'd wonder what was wrong with the engine's earthing.

iirc your rear tyre is 150/60/17?
the pressure should be 33psi

on the front you want a little bit less, about 30psi

ah right cheers Jug, they were coming out of the end can, quite a few, it's either what you said or the fact i was going along at 100mph in 5th gear :eek: or that theres a load of **** in the exhaust after it standing, might put some redex in it, thanks for ya help :D

on a 2 stroke engine its good fun to remove the air filter and slowly pour redex into the carb while the engine is running. it'll kick out the thickest white smoke you've even seen, but it does the trick (y)

sparks coming out the end of the can are probably just bits of crap getting spat out. i wouldnt worry about it.

Back