Look What I Bought.

Currently reading:
Look What I Bought.

Hi :wave: incase any of you care, i just bought myself a new bike, its a suzuki RG125 (2 stroke) 33BHP model. costing £650. i've been looking for a new bike for a while but wanted to hang on until i found a decent one, this has had a top end rebuild with suzuki parts, new chain and sprockets, chromed forks and fork seals replaced. low mileage of 14k. picking it up tommorow. let me know what you think :D

The late Barry Sheene used to race for the Lucky Strike team at one point if I remember rightly. And yes, they are American ciggies, not sure if you can get them over here? :confused:

Nice bike! 33bhp in something that weighs as little as a paperbag (alloy frame and wheels etc.) that should really fly. But obviously not learner legal with that much power!

thought it was?? upto 21 years with the proper license, you can have anything you like upto 33bhp (restricted somehow).
after 21 you can do the full unrestricted test and ride what the hell you like.

or thats how i thought it worked??

125cc and 33bhp doesn't sound a problem to me, sounds rather potent actually!!!:yum:

Looks like a nice bike dude (y)

33bhp :chin: I take it the restrictors have been removed from the exhaust system then?

Derestricted 125s f*cking fly :slayer: just a shame they sounds like a bumble bee on speed :p lol

My mate has a derestricted Caviga Mito and its good for 120+mph not to mention traffic light runs that the rest of our cars cant touch :worship:

thanks for the comments everyone :) well i'm 17 and should be restricted to 14. something BHP but this has been de restricted and had a DEP exhaust put on it so it doesnt sound so bee-like :p the standard restricted bike does 0-60 in just under 9 seconds too. de restricted it is meant to do 110 and thats without the performance exhaust, rather looking forward too it :D

custard said:
dont you mean down there? ;)
yes lol forgot you live up scotland, used to everyone living down south, should be around the same price as here then :D but i have just been told by a friend that the bike test is £34 and takes half an hour! im putting in for it straight away, you dont even need lessons because they teach you everything in the CBT (you have to do that before you take the test) then after 2 years of riding a 33bhp bike you can have any bike that takes your fancy :D

oh and yeh barrey sheene did race these up to the 500cc

herpsuk said:
hmm now how are you either gonna change gears or accelerate :chin:

You don't need the clutch for gear shifts on a bike, trust me, when I ride trials I rarely use the clutch, as long as you're smooth it WILL go in nicely ;)

Back