Technical Long time no post !

Currently reading:
Technical Long time no post !

Pongo

Well chaps, it's been a while, so I thought it time for an update.
My 2002 Abarth has now done 37000 almost trouble free !
Honestly in 5 years all that's gone wrong is 1)a coil pack failed 2)seatbelt warning (once ONLY) 3)the SATNAV got lost, but cured itself afer 3 days (now THAT was strange) and 4)Brakelight switch failed.
Up until now! And now it's behaving very strangely, to say the least. Does anyone know why the climate control, when set to the same temp on both sides, insists on blowing hot air out of the passenger side and cold out of the drivers side ?
I've found 2 ways of sorting it out short term, the first is to turn the temperature to LOW, which fixes it untile the next time I restart the engine, the other is to stop and restart the engine (again it's fine until I restart). Could a software update fix it ? Or is it time for a visit to the main dealer ?

Steve

Hi pongy I havnt met you why havnt you been here for so long ? always good to pop in for a quick natter with the guys and gals (y)

Hi pongy I havnt met you why havnt you been here for so long ? always good to pop in for a quick natter with the guys and gals (y)

PONGY ??? I smell huh ? LOL. Seriously tho' PNL the Stilo sort of takes the back seat these days, since the delivery of my nice Brera ;) , so I don't get on here much.

Welcome back, sounds like a trip to the dealer is on the cards, you might need to get the spring catcher recall done if you haven't already. Good to hear of an Abarth with relatively few problems.

Thanks bozzy, a trip to the stealers it is then ;( .
I love the car so much I just won't part with it !!!

Back