London

Currently reading:
London

just returned from two days in london and what can i say its a brilliant place!

british museaum is amazing! spend ages just looking at the glass ceiling before even getting to the exhibits.

but whats happened to the underground! last time we went we got a family day ticket really cheap and now its £4 for a single trip or £6 for a day fair each! we were stunned!

ken livingston! what you done!

I'm surprised you found it so amazing after the bright lights of Widnes. :D Anyway, Tower Bridge looks so tacky compared with the Widnes-Runcorn Bridge...

I'm surprised you found it so amazing after the bright lights of Widnes. :D Anyway, Tower Bridge looks so tacky compared with the Widnes-Runcorn Bridge...

paha! :D at least down there the air smelt clean!

the thing was with the transport was it was 3.50 for a day ticket on the buses which is the same as here! so why is the underground so expensive!

they make all the attractions free then rip you off travelling between them! (n)

I like the Widnes-Runcorn Bridge :D. Gives me a warm feeling which is quite strange.

its the local gases that give you that feeling!

whats so good about it?

once followed some pimped out car across the bridge at 2am (after the bridge lights had been turned off) and he had one of them firedragon kits on his exhaust! light up the bridge like xmas!

but whats happened to the underground! last time we went we got a family day ticket really cheap and now its £4 for a single trip or £6 for a day fair each! we were stunned!

ken livingston! what you done!

Basically, unless you buy an Oyster card you get penalised for using cash. Instead of reducing the fares for using the Oyster card old Red Ken astronomically bumped up the prices of travelling if you pay by cash. He also tries to make it impossible to drive into London then rips you off when you use the Underground unless you have an Oyster card :mad:

Boris the Buffoon for next Mayor! He can't be any worse than Red Ken...

As for London, I guess it has its moments. Try living in/ near it though and you'll see all the downsides. Expensive, horrific congestion, over development, full of tourists in the summer etc. etc. etc.

To be honest I wouldn't be sorry if I left London and never came back! But it must be fun for tourists who don't get to see a city like it that often.

Last edited:
Basically, unless you buy an Oyster card you get penalised for using cash. Instead of reducing the fares for using the Oyster card old Red Ken astronomically bumped up the prices of travelling if you pay by cash. He also tries to make it impossible to drive into London then rips you off when you use the Underground unless you have an Oyster card :mad:

As for London, I guess it has its moments. Try living in/ near it though and you'll see all the downsides. Expensive, horrific congestion, over development, full of tourists in the summer etc. etc. etc.

To be honest I wouldn't be sorry if I left London and never came back! But it must be fun for tourists who don't get to see a city like that often.

i see what you mean about london. i used to live on the outskirts of oxford and used to think the same about there!

Im not crazy.

Its the same as saying the Blackpool tower makes Blackpool.

true! make the most of it though! the council recon the bridge cant stand the traffic amount any more and are putting through plans to build a second bridge a bit further along the river and toll both bridges! :bang:

Ahh oh no.

We have a big monstrosity of a steel bridge near us that links us to other roads (i go over it to get to and from work).

They repaired that a few years back so that it could take heavier loads as it was starting to weaken. Saying that, i was sat on it in traffice once stationary, and a lorry came past in the oppposite direction, it didnt half shake up and down :D.

I like the Widnes-Runcorn Bridge :D. Gives me a warm feeling which is quite strange.

Always used to give me a warm feeling when I drove home to my parents; crossing the Mersey always made me feel like I was almost home. Then they built that damned expressway to the M62 and I no longer had to drive past Naughton Park etc. Don't they just ruin everything?

To be honest I wouldn't be sorry if I left London and never came back! But it must be fun for tourists who don't get to see a city like it that often.

:yeahthat:

I don't live in london anymore...thank god :)

And the area im in now is close enough for my liking (y)

Weird really..its about 15-20 miles to central london from me, takes half hour on the train...but I cant be bothered to go there anymore :eek:

Ahh oh no.

We have a big monstrosity of a steel bridge near us that links us to other roads (i go over it to get to and from work).

They repaired that a few years back so that it could take heavier loads as it was starting to weaken. Saying that, i was sat on it in traffice once stationary, and a lorry came past in the oppposite direction, it didnt half shake up and down :D.

yup! latest word on the street is that government will only pay half of it so the council have to pay the other half and of course they want there money back some how! i dont know why they dont send the airport traffic another way round from the M6 instead of that way! that will reduce traffic!

as for london, wheres the entrance to that trocodama place in piccadilly circus! ive been there before and was trying to go again and couldnt remember how to get in! :bang:

I had a very short stay in London about 10 years ago and I wouldn't mind visiting again and I think its a nice city - I guess the grass is always greener next door!

Back