London Motor Show

Currently reading:
London Motor Show

It appears to be cheaper for me to get Day Travelcards (after wading through pages and pages of information on the tfl website).
I can't use an age 11-15 Oystercard for my daughter because it needs a photocard which takes 3 weeks; looks like each Oystercard has to be loaded with multiples of £5, so £10 each; £3 deposit for each Oystercard; total for three cards = £39; total for two adult Day Travelcards + one child = £12.80 !

So my latest thoughts are to park at Richmond or Kew, and take the District Line to Bank, then DLR.

Anyone know what the parking is like around Richmond or Kew Gardens ?

Anyone with better local knowledge and experience of tfl got any suggestions ?

richmond= Posh

TFL= Bunch of c*nts. (try and con them out of as much money as u can(y))

It appears to be cheaper for me to get Day Travelcards (after wading through pages and pages of information on the tfl website).
I can't use an age 11-15 Oystercard for my daughter because it needs a photocard which takes 3 weeks; looks like each Oystercard has to be loaded with multiples of £5, so £10 each; £3 deposit for each Oystercard; total for three cards = £39; total for two adult Day Travelcards + one child = £12.80 !

So my latest thoughts are to park at Richmond or Kew, and take the District Line to Bank, then DLR.

Anyone know what the parking is like around Richmond or Kew Gardens ?

Anyone with better local knowledge and experience of tfl got any suggestions ?

You cant change DLR at Bank!!! they have closed it to do a refurb!!!

Guys please check before you travel as Saturdays they like to restrict tube travel due to repairs/upgrade.

Found out it will take me about 3 tubes and the DLR to get there, sudenly the £10 parking mentioned by Dave doesnt seem so bad.....

after working out the route by tube, sod it im driving!!! only 20 min away by car Vs 1 hour on public transport.... mates will pay for parking :)

I believe you can change at Bank between the Northern Line and DLR (what it said on the tube th other day) - I hope this is the case as is my plan for Wednesday

It was a good day.
Was a good idea to drive :D
Weather was hot, waited in the queue for the zoom zoom challenge for about an hour. (wish my lap time was quicker :( )
Definatly worth it :)

Air con only seemed to work in half the hall :confused:
No Fiat :( But Alfa's were there.
Saw Asimo at the Honda show, i want one!!!!
(but then realised that I, Robot might actually happen :eek: )

Back in 2010.

Last edited:
Coo-well, I know where I'll be heading when I get there tomorrow then. So when do you go on the TD:confused:

just go up to the pretty ladies on the citroen stand, and ask about test drives... they then reel of a list and write you down for times.. do it as early as possible, they will then book you in, see your driving licence... and then give you a time to go back, where you ge tto drive around the excel centre outside :D

just go up to the pretty ladies on the citroen stand, and ask about test drives... they then reel of a list and write you down for times.. do it as early as possible, they will then book you in, see your driving licence... and then give you a time to go back, where you ge tto drive around the excel centre outside :D

Do you need your paper counter part?

Back