London marathon 2009

Currently reading:
London marathon 2009

Anyone running it from here?

Well guys am i stupid or brave? Just got an email from the Mental health foundation to say i can run for there charity, i ahve pledged to raise £1250 but want to do double that.

im running it for my dad as he suffers from a menal illness so i have seen first hand how it affects the lives or the family and friends.

i am starting out with a website called http://www.justgiving.com, its to help people like me raise some of the funds.

i have the 22nd and 23rd of december in my local tesco store trying to get money that way and on the piewipe industrial estate we have a little company called dunlop who are willing to give £600 to the cause. A local signmaker (banner man) is printing my vest for free and donating £100. Through my family and immediate friends so far i have raised £250.

Just posting this here as i have a looong way to go and would be extremely great and i would appreciate it alot if some of you guys could help in any small way you can. Even if its not cash and just tips on raising money

heres a quote from my http://www.justgiving.com/clarkymarathon

i have never raised money before so im starting with this donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It’s also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Mental Health Foundation gets your money faster and, if you’re a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation.
Im running my 1st marathon on the 26th of april 2009. i have pledged £1250 but am aiming for the £2500 mark. The mental health foundation is a charity close to my heart as my father suffers from a mental illness therefore i have first hand seen the repercussions of this.
I would love to help this charity raise the profile of mental disabilitys and help those who are suffering and there surrounding friends and familys
So please sponsor me now and thanks for your time.

i hope you guys can help me :)

ive entered the ballot for the London Marathon 2009, have to wait until the first week of October to see if i get in though :cry: i hope i get in ive been training for months!

good luck with the fundraising and enjoy the day :D

Ash.

Back