lol...

Currently reading:
lol...

I tried when I woke up this morning (ebuyer) and the options had gone and pick is in progress, guess there's not much I can do it's not the end of the world I just wish I hadn't acted when I was so pissed off, I have a pendrive I can use for now so should have gone for the cheapest option, oh well.

Dave, I have done maybe 50% of the work I have lost already, I can't see how it could be recovered short of some expert being able to remove the memory from the pendrive and wiring it into a new "host". It's really upsetting but I have to do it I guess :(

That is a kick in the balls

And as helz said, it is sunny as fook outside to.

gutted

If it helps you feel better, i did my dissertation before pen drives and it was all on floppy disks, and I had an external ZIP drive as well (CDwriters were not in every pc on the amrket and still very dear- DVD writers, what where they?!). The zip drive went pear on me at a critical moment but managed to get around it.

Looks like red bull and graft is your solution

Aw Paul, that's really bad luck. Sorry to hear that :(

Stick with it though and you'll be surprised at how much you remember when it comes to the re-write, especially as a lot of it was written only in the past few days. I wouldn't normally recommend Red Bull (it makes me crawl along the ceiling!), but maybe a few cans wouldn't go amiss right now.

Reminds me though, I'm going to back up my pen drive right NOW...

Cheers everybody, I reckon I am 70% there now, but it has been a really long day and last night working on it :(

Pendrive Manager, what I used to backup my pendrive, is great (just don't ignore it when it doesn't work ;)) but I don't think you can get it anymore otherwise I would tell everybody to use it!

Backup, backup, backup ;)
USB flash drives are becoming the new floppy disk - people think they're infallible, but they sure aren't! I've had one just die on me for no reason.
H

Another bit of good news :D The company has done really well this financial year and all employees are getting a £500 bonus, it's the first time we have shown profit since we came into existance.

Of course being a contractor and not directly employed my my company I don't see a penny of it :)

:(

If its any consolation, i had to pull 20-22 hour solid days work for a month with only time out to attend lectures to get my dissertation done. Not because id lost it (although has happened with A-Level courseworks) just becuase ive been so busy with other courseworks mounting up. Finally free of it all and supposed to be starting on revision, but im burnt out. have no drive to do anything anymore other than doss about.

Anyways, sure you'll get it done. Somehow i always managed to beat all odds and i dont see you being any different.

Cheers Luke, I think I have gone past the point of where I was and have now got quite a lot done, shame I have so much work to do at work.

On the upside, I just made a request for:

The £500 bonus that all employees get
A firm job offer with agreed salary in excess of the basic graduate salary due to my experience.
A bursary for my final year.

If you don't ask, you don't get!

I could have had one if I had asked I suppose! Will let you know if the company bows to my massive demands....they have a month.

Thanks Dawn, it's all done now and I am back on track.

After me asking for all my above desires I expected to be sacked today (well, not really ;)) but I was taken aside by my supervisor and told that my requests will be met and exceeded. A manager was going to talk to me about it today but I will see whether they do.

After me asking for all my above desires I expected to be sacked today (well, not really ;)) but I was taken aside by my supervisor and told that my requests will be met and exceeded. A manager was going to talk to me about it today but I will see whether they do.

Nice one Paul (y) :woot:

You're really living up to your name 'The Negotiator'! :p

I just asked ;) I negotiated a £2.5k pay increase before I accepted the job anyway. I probably won't take the job but it will be a good thing to think about and I get more marks from the uni if I get a job and bursary.

Back